Sacrifice (part 1)

Read AN at the end. It's important!
___________________

Nathan's POV

" So, since you're staying here, what's the full reason you traveled back?" I asked and she glanced up from her lap.

" Why are you so hung up on wanting an exact reason?" she whispered.

" I don't know... Just-" I pulled my hand away. " I feel drawn to it. There has to be a special reason." I said and saw a tear run down her cheek.

" It was you." she whispered.

" Wait, what?"

" I said it was you." she repeated.

" Why? I'm not worth-"

" DON'T!" she cut me off " you're worth everything. "

" Tell that to my family. "

" Who cares what your dad thinks?" she sighed " You're worth it to me. Do you think I would be here if you weren't? I saw you DEAD, Nathan. My boyfriend dead and thrown carelessly in the ground. No jacket. No casket. No reason for it." she rambled. " And I knew at that moment that I had to do something. For you... For us." She wiped a tear away from her eye.

" I'm sorry." I whispered.

" I even killed Jefferson when I found out he murdered you." she laughed nervously. " God, I have issues... Anyways, enough of that. How do you feel?"

" Physically? I feel like shit. Emotionally? Ehhh I'm not sure." I shrugged my shoulders.

" You should get some rest. You've had a rough day."

" But I'm not tired." I whined.

" Nathan, stop acting like a baby or I'll treat you like a baby." she turned off my lamp.

" Is that a threat or a promise? I wouldn't mind being punished." I said after she laid down next to me and faced the opposite way.

" Nathan, no."

" Why not? Come on. It'll be quick." I put my hand on her shoulder and she swatted my hand away.

" Please stop. " she sighed.

" Wait... Are you a virgin?" I asked and saw her cringe.

" physically in this timeline... Yes. Physically in the other one... No. Emotionally in both? Yes." she turned around.

" What do you mean?"

" I... I don't remember it. I wasn't mentally there and we... Yeah..." she coughed awkwardly.

" Oh."

" Yeah, and I honestly don't want my first time to be a quickie in your parent's house while they're only a few rooms away, and you're all in pain. Plus, your dad already thought I was a slut, so..." she smiled weakly.

" Yeah, um sorry about that. Goodnight."

" Goodnight, Nate." she kissed my cheek and then turned the other way.

~~~10 AM~~~

" Yeah, I'm fine. I stayed at Nathan's. No, we didn't do anything. Whatever. Love you, bye." Haley hung up her phone. " Oh you're up. How ya feelin?" she crouched down next to my bed.

" My body's used to it, so I'm fine." I sighed.

" That's good. Not that your used to it, but that you're feeling a little better... So what does the famous Nathan Prescott have planned for today?"

" Depends. What do you have planned?"

" Well, I have to figure out how to prevent getting us all killed... And I've already figured out one thing, and you probably won't like it"

" What is it?" I asked and she looked down.

" Someone has to die in the junkyard..." she sighed " Nathan, I think it should be me."

" What?! No! Why?!" I yelled.

" Nathan, I chose to come back here and change things, but... That was my choice. I'm not going to get someone killed just because I was selfish."

" I'm not letting you do it. I need you."

" Nate, you were doing fine without me before... Rachel will be with you too. You won't be alone... I don't wanna be the bad guy, Nathan" she said and her phone went off. " It's Fabian."she answered " What's up?" she said and then slapped her hand over her mouth. " Time has gone by so fast. It's tonight?! Okay... I'll see you later... I hope. " she she hung up. " The party's tonight..." she looked down.

" So now what? You leave? Get kidnapped? Raped? Killed?!" I snapped.

" I'm not leaving... I'll always be here."

" But not with me!" I yelled " AND IF YOU'RE NOT THEN WHAT'S THE POINT?! FOR ME TO GO EVERYDAY THINKING OF HOW I LOST YOU? AFTER BARELY ANY TIME? THAT'S TORTURE!"

" I gotta go..." she hugged me. " I'm sorry." she wiped a tear from my eye.

" You're not leaving. I won't let you." I grabbed her wrist.

" Nate, let go." she tried to break out of my grasp. " Nathan seriously. " she tried to pry it off. " Nathan, STOP YOU'RE HURTING ME!" she exclaimed and I let go.

" I'm sorry."

" It's fine."

" No, it's not! I bruised you. I hurt you."

" I'm okay, Nathan. Plus a bruise is the least of my worries..." she kissed me. " I love you"

_______________________

Hey, guys. It's been a while. Okay, so there's going to be a third part to this story (no it's not over yet) and I wanna know who you guys want to be sacraficed. I would do multiple endings, but since there's going to be another story, I wouldn't be able to change chapters left and right bc it would change the plot, so.... Plus, I'm working on a new Twilight fanfic.... Any who...

QOTC: who do you want to be sacraficed?