Chapter 1.25: I Am Just A Loser

WEll it actually bothered me when they say the novel is actually unrealistic. Is that true? As for me, not to be boastful, it is actually quite good. IT just flow "dramatically" slow because of the elegance I want to integrate.

Chapter 1.25: I Am Just A Loser

              Ok, here goes…

              He inhaled deeply, gazing across the classroom. He closed his eyes, trying to calm himself down. The noise of the classroom just beyond the door before him battered his ears yet none of it seemed distracting. All he could hear was his feminine voice, lullabying his frantic thoughts.

              “Ok class,” he heard someone tapping the board inside.

              He exhaled.

              “Please welcome your new classmate from Streamwood, Illinois. He came from James Chadwick Academy in New…” she hesitated reading, “york. Pretty much it,” Mr. Adreanne said, reading the attendance sheet. She inhaled and as if forced to invite someone in the room, she left out a hard smile. “Please come in!” she exclaimed in her highest pitch.

              There was silence. Ethan’s eyes bulged out as the stares turned to him. The eyes, they were penetrating into his soul, staring at him like they were asking him to leave. It was painful, yet his heart did not waver. He quivered. With mortified feet, he walked towards the platform and slightly peeked to the crowd.

              “I-I-I am… Ethan. Ethan Colchester,” he said, slightly squeaking.

              “Please have a seat,” Ms. Adreanne told him, seemingly eager to send him to the only available seat at the farthest corner of the classroom.

              His walk was terse, for him at least. Ms. Adreanne began talking again about Aufbau but the stares were still pasted on him. It was holding his head down to the ground. He was nothing, the usual thing he could think of. According to everyone, he was a gay kid in his white blazer with red scarf wrapped around his neck but when he looked at a mirror, what offered him was a doormat dirtied with mud and other stuff.

              “Turn your books on page 231 and read Aufbau Rule on Electron Configuration.” She sounded bossy with a wakening tap on the sleeping blackboard. “Afterwards,” She continued and Ethan sat down on his seat. “I heard Ethan was the top student from JCA so he might handle this simple… test.” A fiendish smile crossed her face. “We will have a 30-item quiz along with the Elements from yesterday’s lesson. It will serve as the elimination for the Science Scholastic Bowl next semester.” She moved away from the board with every jock’s eye on her big bouncing bust.

Without a glance on those sagging breasts, he stared at Ms. Adreanne and tried his best to be noticed as the only smiling person in the brightly lit room. He disregarded his thoughts as he excitedly pulled his book from his bag and started flipping through the pages. He was reading. The whole room was reading. It was quiet with unabated series of whispers and questions on how to solve the things printed on page 231. He excitedly grabbed his blue ball pen clipped underneath his suit’s collar and started writing.

              “I think…” he heard a murmur in front of him.

“Yea…” it continued.

“…ay?”

“g…” the person quickly looked at him and turned away.

“Confirmed,” it was slightly loud.