Chapter 1.75: Why?!

“My nerves are shaking right now; wanting to strangle that dumb muscle man jock!” Tristanny walked back and forth, back and forth as she infuriated with the school bully, Zak.

              It is inevitable for any school to have a zero tolerance for bullies. The Chroniclers knew that for sure but what does it take for someone like them not be bullied? Nothing. Simply nothing.

              All of us have the need to perform. All have that want to sing but not all can fit in a single spotlight or even a large auditorium stage with large LED lights. Not everyone can shine its luster in a single way everyone knows. These people, these students, knew this. If they will act like anyone who’s not their true identity just to avoid bullying, it is only like thrashing what they stood for. They wanted to feel accepted for who they are, for how they act or even how they clothe. Unfortunately, their uniqueness is what weakens them as much as strengthens them. Why? It is because people look only at a path, the traditional path, the path that paradigms built for their own sake.

              “We cannot force him to like Ethan,” Albern said. “He is the junior’s greatest bully.”

              Tristanny stopped walking and glared at him. “We are not forcing him! But with all due respect, he must learn to be polite!” She replied, infuriating even more.

           Serena pulled her down. She smirked at her and blew off her nails. "Like we even see him care." The beholder of the legendary cerulean scarf rolled her eyes. “Since when did Zak ever been considerate? He could be thinking of stealing a candy now o-o-or rampaging, i-i-in the school canteen!” She rolled her eyes and flipped her scarf.

              “She’s got a point Tristanny..." Enid started as she closed her book. "But...” Her eyes widened and yelled, “RED!"

              Now what?

              The guy with thick eyebrows wrathfully charged as he got a glimpse of Zak by the arch of the school cafeteria. Albern quickly grabbed his coat and forcefully dragged him back.

              “A junior do not scram and tackle from behind. Red, your temper? Remember?” Serena scolded him and rolled her eyes. She glared at him with her thin eyebrows intersecting each other “Red, I think you know our position right? I don’t need to repeat it one more time.” She flipped her cerulean scarf to her back..

              “I don’t need you to do this for me,” Ethan said and the Chroniclers stared at him in shock. “But, thank you. It makes my heart swell with love.” He continued and stood from his seat.

              The Chroniclers smiled back since they felt compassion from someone same as them; someone who values the glory of being a misfit as much as they do.

              “Wait.” Enid grabbed him. “You are welcome here, Ethan. We’re used to it. So you don’t have to worry.” She smiled with the others.

              “Yes!” Tristanny exclaimed from behind.

              “You’re always welcome.” Serena tapped him.

          “But before anything else, are you really gay or whatsoever Ethan?” Albern bravely asked.

              Red slightly elbowed and scowled at him but, everyone waited. They may all feel bad about that judgmental thought but it was time to know the truth that will come from the scarf/attention-weaver himself.