Chapter 7.75: The Rainbows And The Green Witches

Chapter 7.75: The Rainbows and the Green Witches

        “These pictures will be our victory, Adreanne.” Sir Paul briefly turned the pages of glossy printed graphics that contained a rainbow of dark signatures. “It briefly made me excited.”

              “The way I feel is more than yours. It exhilarates me!” she burst into a loud laugh. “You don’t know how my legs are cringing to put it over that marble desk and fan myself extravagantly. The thought makes me fueled even more like… wow.” she laughed hard. “It is a good thing she walked out yesterday so we have the time to print these.”

              The silence kept its existence as raindrops dripped from the sills of the humid windows, disturbing puddles in a light slumber on the ground. It shone thoroughly, being reflected, being spread across the dark horizon even though clouds hindered them from shining.

              “Can’t wait?” Adreanne asked, closing her fan as it snaps a flutteringly glitter.

              “Can’t wait.” Sir Paul fiendishly smiled. He lifted the picture up in the air and smiled once more. “This, Adreanne, is it. I can smell it. I can taste it.”

              Adreanne asked, “The liquor?”

              “Yes, the taste of liquor running down my throat.”

              …

              “Ms. Fauntine! Ms. Fauntine!” Enid shouted as she chased her subject.

              Thud, another fall from a helpless lily.

              Ethan sighed and helped the damsel in distress regain her poise. He flipped his hair and said, “Enid, the floor doesn’t need more auburn. It is perfect the way it is. Anyway,” he turned to Ms. Fauntine. “Where are you going, m’lady?”

              The subject gulped silently, hiding her agenda. She stuttered and wiped droplets of sweat as the rainbow streaked peacefully outside. She sighed and dug out cringing words from her medulla oblongata.

              “Ummm… We’ll… have a…a…a… m-m-meeting!” she accelerated at the last syllable.

              “N—”

              “Oh my God!” Ethan screamed as an unanticipated reaction flung from Enid’s mouth.

              “No.” she continued after Ethan’s indefinite scream.

              “Sorry.” He frowned.

              “You are having a discussion with them.” Enid sternly admitted. She narrowed her eyes but Ethan elbowed her. She gulped, “I want it s-s-straight to the point. Y-Y-You are going to be…”

              “Ummm…! Miss, I want you to see this poem I did.” Ethan interrupted. He looked at Enid and glared at her, pinching her slightly at her hand. He murmured as Fauntine read the newly published poem. We’re not supposed to say it! Please keep it shut or I’ll not let you eat another strawberry brownie with pink frosting, Enid. Not your favorite. Pointing at Enid’s frowning lips. It will ruin my preparation for this all blue suit.

              “By the way, what’s with the blue?” Enid remarked, holding Ethan’s navy blue coat. “Is this expensive?”

              “It is not. I just bought it in the nearby bargain. My clothes aren’t opulently priced. I just know how to create fashion from things,” he smiled and they both giggled.