Chapter 2.50: Just Saying

“AAARRRRRGGGGHHH!”

              Red struggled as he hysterically whipped his hand in random ways.

              “Calm do—!” Carol John yelled as he fell down from his captive’s force.

              Red ran out fast as tears started rolling down his manly cheeks. Everybody knew fear, including Red. Those rages weren’t only available for TV series or movies but even in real life. Those crystalline emotions that flew over the air in tracks were unusual for a bush-brow wrath-boy like Red. Everybody feared his outrage… not him. Everybody ran away from him… not his rage. He wanted it to vanish but it won’t. The people’s care to him was the one fading… not his rage.

              His feet ran to the end of a circle, running around in blankness that bluffed him. He was mad. He was mad but not at someone. He couldn’t think how stupid he was for doing such mischief. He wanted to die that moment. Thoughts about vanquishing his life with his unreasonable outrage bothered him as he ran. He cried and cried; mad and embarrassed.

              “Red?” a sound of inquiry neared; with him below on his knees. “Red!” Serena shouted as she dropped all her things and rushed frantically to the bush-brow outrage.

              “What happened?!”

              Red sat and did not give a mutter nor a shout… just plain translucent fluids that embraced his face.

              “What happened?!” Serena asked once more for she knew this was no ordinary phenomena to see Red cry such tears.

              It was a one sided conversation.

              Serena stood and attempted to go the Astronomy Club’s room but Red grabbed her hand and growled don’t you ever dare.

              Serena looked at Red in awe. She didn’t know what to do. She was standing there watching Red glare at the auburn tiles. She was standing there, crying without much help to give. She pursed her lips and hugged him.

              “It’s scary out there.” Red cried. “So scary.” He shook his head.

              Serena hugged him tighter. It is true. Reality is a scary, scary place, even for grown-ups, even for people who can stand with two foot forward and even for people with three supporters for their body.

              Red cried until silence was there. The afternoon radiance peeked through the window sills like rays of joy and compassion, living a life of sunshine in freedom’s essence.

              “Whatever happens…” Serena started as her tears fell in place. “I… and the

Chroniclers will always be with you and will never abandon you behind your greatest fears or greatest outrages, Red. Believe me.”

              Red was silent. He didn’t respond.

              Serena waited longer for answers but she wasn’t successful. Red kept on looking down to the auburn tiles that are as bloody as the glares that were thrown on him. It stared back at him and looked at him in pity. Irrevocable words flooded his mind and closed his gate of ideas.

              He looked up to Serena and removed his grip on his knees and placed it around her. He hugged her back and that is it. No words. Just hands.