Chapter 5.25: Welcome To My Life

Chapter 5.25: Welcome to my Life

Do you ever feel like breaking down?

Do you ever feel out of place?

Like somehow you just don’t belong and no one understands you.

              Tristanny sang with her voice lingering the walls of the dark auditorium.

              School was over. Vacation was too. Others waved their goodbyes to some newfound friends yet most bid farewell to the school that founded their being.

Do you ever wanna run away?

              No. They will never desire… and neither will I, that even the densest hair is translucent beyond those cappuccinos and whip cream that stained its beauty. With those paper doll gesture of banal white paper cuts, she made someone feel important.

Do you lock yourself in your room?

              I always did… and I would always do but being known special with whom you really are was the best thing I got in Walter High. Neither my body nor my kiss… it is about myself… all about Sebastian; my ideals, my persona and my soul.

No you don't know what it's like

When nothing feels all right

You don't know what it's like

To be like me.

              “Stop! This is non-sense. This is purely a waste of time, Ms. Consilio!”

              Thud! A microphone fell down and echoed throughout the whole auditorium. Shock visited Tristanny once more for its regular basis. She looked nervously at Ms. Harmony’s angered face as the vibration neared her even more.

              “Why is she even here?” the silence died. “I mean like… will she even have the chance to go in?”

              “Yes she has. I believe in her,” a voice answered from the judges table. “Her voice is good in fact.”

              “What?” Ms. Harmony shouted her definite revolution. “Her piece isn’t even an audition piece, Ms. Fauntine!”

              “Yes it is. What do you think of her?” Ms. Fauntine replied, pointing Tristanny with her silver black ball pen.

              Ms. Harmony groaned. “Nevermind.” She flew back to sit again on her swiveling chair.

              “Tristanny! Continue!” with that, she continued her piece, singing each word with a pure heart and a solid gut.

              “This is pure non-sense. I’m outta here.” A girl in a gothic Lolita outfit ran down the fabricated staircase with fluorescent light bulb in each step.

              It did not stop the beholder of the vermillion headphones. She continued despite of the lack of interest the audience were showing her.

“I’ll post the result on the board this week, girls!” Ms. Harmony yelled as Ms. Fautine intently looked at Tristanny with all her concentration.

She continued. The guitar strummed once more for her spotlight. With every word, each line, between stanzas, she showed the true essence of welcoming another point in her life, the point where she needs to stand and take her chance and need to perform.

She gripped her microphone, tight, harmonizing the tune with her eyes closed. She rocked the stage as the guitar rolled the staff of beautiful notes. The interlude started. Tristanny lowered her head and spread her feet on the stage apart from each other.