Chapter 10.50: The End Is Near

Chapter 10.50: The End is Near

        “Would you like to go to prom with me?” Frince confidently asked.

              Ethan looked confused and started to doubt.

              “I-I thought we’re clear on this, Frince.”

              His friend nodded and said, “I do. But we are not going as a couple, Ethan. We will show them that—”

              “I am gay?” He jumped into a large conclusion.

              “Are you dumb? I never thought you were.”

              “You know I am sensitive with those themes of conversation, Frince. If it wasn’t then , what?”

              “I wanted to ask you because…” a smile popped on Frince’s gleaming face. “I promised myself to give you a nice way to have prom.”

              Ethan’s eyes widened and he shook his head.

              “You shouldn’t do that.” He frowned. “Y-Y-You deserve a proper prom. I can handle myself with my aaaaa-awkward fashion.”

              Ethan turned around and walked away.

              “You can handle but I cannot. Please, just give me this ‘yes’ as a birthday gift to me for next month.”

              “I have polo shirts, shorts or even boxers if you want. I’ll give those kinds of presents, Frince. Not this.”

              “I have tons of them, Ethan but a ‘yes’ is hard to find.”

              “There are hopeless romantics scattered around the campus. Just put a paper on the bulletin board for auditions on who’ll be your prom date.”

              Frince yelled, “Will you sign?”

              Ethan smirked. “No. My pen’s not fond of writing horizontally. It loses its ink.”

              Frince pulled a notebook from his bag and gave it to Ethan.

              “Then sign now.”

              Ethan got a soft line crossing his lips and said, “You’re persistent, Frince. No I’ll not sign.”

              “What do you want me to do?”

              “Impress me.”

              “How?”

              Ethan smirked and asked, “What would you do if someone would ask you in prom ‘why are you dating that gay kid?’

              Frince’s lips had a soft line crossing it similar to Ethan’s.

             “I would say, ‘do you know how this gay kid has been more awesome than you? Gay or not, he is accepted in NYAAS. You? Oh! I forgot, you were at a fastfood chain serving me last month.

              Ethan giggled.

              “Even though it sounded unreal. I’ll bite.”

              Frince hugged him tight.

              “I would be very grateful!” Frince exclaimed as he shocked Ethan from the impulsive hug.