Chapter 3.25: Defying Gravity

Chapter 3.25:

Defying Gravity

              “Isaac Newton!” Frince said as he stood up energetically.

              The undiscovered boy next door was showing off his intellectual abilities. Ethan’s prognosis was right. He was smart. He was perfect. Someone, everyone could admire; a brownie he considered as a pure white chocolate delight.

              “Yes class. Isaac Newton founded the famous Universal Law of Gravitation but what is he doing when he discovered it?”

              “Dramatically, sleeping under an apple tree,” Ethan replied.

              “Remarkable!” The new teacher exclaimed with her nasobial crease widely stretched.

Ethan smiled a bit and thought; the new one was intimately different from Frince’s angelic demeanor. Her pasted smile never faded as she walked by Walter’s Halls. This female rookie knew nothing but a typical picture of a teacher wearing an emerald silk ascot that dangled around her neck when she moved. Her ponytail shone a definite luster as the fluorescent light illuminated it.

              Ethan sighed. “I miss the old one.” He whispered to Tristanny who was transferred next to him as a response to his request early in the morning.

              “You mean the devil?” She asked sarcastically.

              “Yes. Whatever you call her… but who would want a clown? Look at her. The only thing missing is a long white nose and she’ll look like Joker. Besides, her lesson is too boring. Like, no thrill?” Ethan complained as he adjusted his checkered themed bowtie.

              The bell rang and the students stood up like shocked by a short electronic circuit underneath their wooden chairs. Immediately, they got out of their classroom; some people flirtatiously held each others’ hands but some held their Technicolor bags.

              “Umm… Ethan, Enid, I will be the one who will be reviewing you for the next few days till the contest begins,” The new teacher said enthusiastically.

              “O-Okay…” Enid stuttered. “We will be around later. Thank you…”

              The teacher did not reply but her smile still stood before them. Her velvet lips never faded from their sight.

              “May we?” Tristanny excused.

              “Yes, yes, yes.” The teacher agitatedly nodded.

              The three of them got out of the classroom with Ethan holding his orange Physics book by his arm and a box of food to the other.

              “She’s… freaking me out.” Tristanny regarded.

              “I… don’t know… what to feel. I think she is like… Pennywise,” Enid said bashfully, reading The Merchant Of Venice as she walked.

              “I didn’t know you’re good at bashing others Enid!” he joked as he tapped his checkered bowtie.

              Enid blushed. “I-Is that called bashing?”

              “Oh no! It’s just bullying!” Ethan sarcastically teased. “It’s just a joke Enid. Don’t take it seriously.” His tone changed from jocose to serious. “It’s been a few days since I transferred here in these bisque halls and my schedule is subsequent.” He complained hand-ironing his cotton white pants.