Chapter 5.50: A Deal A Start

Chapter 5.50: A deal and a start

              “I am here to give you a free admission to New York’s University of Arts and Sciences, Mr. Colchester. We heard about your enthusiasm about publication and literature so I am here to represent our dean to invite you to a deal. Will you accept it?”

              Deals don’t make us in benefit as much as it does to others. It is like a truce but will never be one. Deals are simply a manifestation of our own imagination of achieving proper peace through some imbalance criteria.

              Ethan nodded and replied, “Y-Ye—”

              “Good Evening Mister. Thank you for coming here in our annual program here at St. Carmel Academy. It is such an honor to be visited by you,” a voice enthusiastically interrupted.

              “Mr. Cross?” the man asked.

              “Yes. Yes I am. I am, their moderator,” Mr. Cross answered with a big smile reining on his face.

              Ethan stood motionlessly, cringing as he crumpled his long velvet blue coat.

              “Actually, I am here to invite Mr. Colchester to be part of our family by publishing his novel at the end of this school year,” the man proudly said.

              “Yes. But Audrielle, our EIC, published her book already so mind to take it a look?”

              “Yes. I would be very much honored.” The man in striped tux with a silver watch walked farther as Ethan followed him with his eyes.

              “Wait! Mr. Colchester! Your deal isn’t closed yet. Inform me if you’re interested,” he said with a smile, giving Ethan a laminated piece of paper.

              He nodded slowly with a hidden smile behind his rosy lips. He looked down to see the stale rectangular paper with the absence of light. He smiled as he lost the grip of nervousness by his arm. I will. I definitely will, he uttered with a grin.

              …

              “What the hell did you plan, Tristanny? You made your own decision!” Ms. Adreanne, the new coordinator, stormed with her wrath amorously blended with her fiendish smell of perfume. “You’re clearly out of your mind!”

              “No. I am the one who decided to make her sing that; Perfect by Pink,” a monotone voice coldly replied.

              “What?” Ms. Adreanne’s disbelief ruled the stage. “That’s out of the queue! That is clearly unacceptable!” the backstage headboard absorbed the wrath behind it.

              “I think it was ok, Ms. Adreanne. We saw the reaction of our guests and I was clearly overwhelmed about it,” Principal Zigor defended, loosening his titan colored necktie.

              “No!”

              “No!” Ms. Fauntine raised her voice. “It’s done and what’s done is done. Besides, Tristanny gave appropriate effort on her number.”

              “It’s a doxology! It is a praise—“

              “But you didn’t say a thing about that! You said it. Is. A. number! An intermission number!”

              “There are sudden changes to the line and we must get to the song that was assigned. Now we suffer from unexpected circumstances.”