FIMBULWINTER || Chapter 1 - Date with Destiny

AACETV

AACETV

Nicholas James.

2. September.
Thursday, 3:00 pm.
Coronado University Quadrangle.

IT WAS a lazy Earl Grey flavoured afternoon in Coronado University and a bloody drag of a day after the lovely lads of Seven-Minute Semblance had their first clash with Wonderland Organisation.

I lay on the ground, slowly becoming one entity with the green, green grass of the uni quad. The bright lemonade sky hurt my eyes so I smiled at the clouds and shut my eyelids closed.

By this time, Jule must've recovered from his gunshot and his computer-brain must've been running to think of a plan against the...

No, not against the org.

By this time, Jule must've recovered from his gunshot and his computer-brain must've been running to think of a plan against the...

No, not against me.

By this time, Jule must've recovered from his gunshot and his computer-brain must've been running to think of a plan to rescue Melissa Drew from the organisation.

Edward Dace will push the rescue mission. Kiel Alf Whitdur will second the motion. Jule will have no choice but to listen to his new friends who he let down.

He must've been feeling defeated. So, so defeated, the poor thing.

If it wasn't for the White Rabbit and the March Hare—no, Heimdall and Arthur—if it wasn't for those two, Tweedledee and Tweedledum would have killed Melissa Drew. The Hearts' order to execute Melissa Drew would have been a success.

I hid my face under my arm and grinned. "So... they've finally done it, huh... Hemlock," I muttered to myself.

"Talking to yourself?"

I sprang to my feet like a kangaroo. I actually really wanted to be a kangaroo and skip aro—

"Alice?" I rubbed my eyes and sat back down.

Alice brought snacks. She brought her books, too. She liked studying at the uni quad, where aside from the occasional loud chaffer of students passing by, there was peace.

Alice was my best friend.

She tossed me a tetra-pack of chocolate milk. "What Hemlock are you talking about? The poison?"

"I'm talking about two of my favourite people in the world." I puffed my cheeks and stared at the chocolate milk. I rested my arms on my knees. "Heim and..."

"Oh, it's a ship name." Alice giggled and propped up her books and her notebooks against my feet and my leg. I smiled at her and she started writing not a minute later. "What did they do?"