FIMBULWINTER || Chapter 8 - Acta Non Verba

AAABCENNOTVR

AAABCENNOTVR

Nicholas.

7. September.
Tuesday, 3:00 p.m.
Tea Shop.

"Why did Time ask for the list?!" I asked Alice, even before we could get into the shop. I was already upset about Harold Coronado teaming up with Jule, now she tells me that Time, a member I didn't even know existed, asked for Heimdall's list?

And she gave her the list?!

"Hindi ko alam, 'wag kang sumigaw," Alice said in a calming manner. She pulled me into a booth and held down both of my shoulders. I was not going to bounce away! "May dumating na mga taga-Wonderland Org sa apartment kanina. They showed me their insignia and I knew they were from Wonderland. Sabi nila, "under Time's orders", kailangan kong ibigay ang listahan."

"Who is Time?"

"I don't know. There was only one Time in the history of the org, and uhhh..."

"You don't remember her name, do you?"

"Sorry! All I know is that her name is in German."

"How did they even know we have Heimdall's list?!" I pounded the table with my fists.

"You let Arthur steal the fake one. Of course the higher ups would know."

"Then why would they ask for it?! I want a chocolate cake!"

"We'll order chocolate cake, please calm down." Alice looked back at the counter. "Later." She cleared her throat. I'd slit people's throat. "You know... I don't know how to say this in the most loving, best friend-ly way I could muster..."

"What is it?"

"You're an idiot."

"I know that, what else?"

"The higher ups think you're an idiot."

"But I'm not an idiot."

"And yet you act like one so it's pretty hard to convince them otherwise! They don't trust you with the list."

"That means they don't trust you too, you know."

"I don't need their trust."

I pounded the table once more. "But why don't they trust me? The Mad Hatter's plan is going smoothly and perfectly! I outwitted Heimdall! I bought Winter Hexagon! I have Melissa Drew! I weeded out the bunnies! What am I doing wrong?!"

"Well... you had Tweedledee and Tweedledum killed..."

"That was the bunnies' fault!"

"And what happened earlier? Bakit si Katharine ang dinala mo, hindi si Katharine ang bodyguard mo."