T W E N T Y N I N E

I bit my lip, hard, I didn't know. "Are you sure?" I struggled out, Phil nodded.

"I went with her to the doctor." He answered, he was shaking a bit and I could hear he terror in his voice. He pulled on my again, telling me he was done with the subject, I swung my arm around his neck as we began walking.

Phil took me home, scared to leave my side but also scared to get close to it.

In the car, he leaned against the opposite window, staring out in the abyss of random people that he might one day meet while I sat next to him. Watching his blue eyes look through the crowds, he glanced at me for a split second, scanning me through his black framed glasses.

His messy hair made him look even more tired then the dark circles under his eyes. He slowly closed them for a moment, his body relaxing but tensing again as they opened. Like he had fallen asleep for a second but then was returned back to reality in the next.

He finely closed his eyes and tilted his head back, falling asleep. Slowly, I reached over and pulled off his glasses, folding them up and placing them in his front right pocket.

I knew I was the reason he was so tired, I knew he hadn't slept for five days because that's the amount of time I slept for, but most of all I knew he was hurt.

He leaned over slowly until he was asleep on me, he leaned on my shoulder like a warm blanket.

I wished so bad that he would stay with me forever, to move back in, to make me his friend again.

We pulled up to our- my flat and I gently shook Phil. His eyes slowly opened, darting back and forth until he sat up quickly. He apologized quietly as I began paying the driver and we both slid out.

I got to the stairs and looked at them, 5 days of rest was not enough apparently, because I still felt dizzy walking. Phil looked at the stairs then me before gently sweeping me up.

Phil has always been strong. Like our gold record we won on BBC, everyone struggled to lift it, even me, but Phil swiftly lifted it with one hand without a problem.

I leaned into him weakly, listening to his heart beat as he stared straight ahead, going up the steep stairs he had once fallen down.

"You need to start packing." He informed me in a strict voice.

"What? Why?" Was he going to let me move with him and Kenzie?

"You're going to live with Chris and PJ." I knew arguing was useless especially now that I showed him that me living on my own was probably not a good idea.

When we got to the top he set me down and opened the door, coming straight in and passing out on the couch.

I stood there for a moment, staring at him, he looked about as sick as me. I forced myself to walk to my room, picking up clothes and setting them into a suitcase.