Chapter Seven

"Please fasten your seat belts as we prepare for landing"

I'm so groggy and disoriented. What happened? I sit up and rub my eyes.

And then it hits me. All the memories flood back and tears start to well up in my eyes. For a few blissful moments I had forgotten it all. I wish I could.

I look a few rows ahead of me to see a mom sitting with her daughter and her husband and their son siting in front of them. They look so happy. My life will never be like that.

I could've had it all with Ricky.

You don't love Ricky, I remind myself.

Then why do you care so much about him? I ask myself.

And I don't have an answer.

He hates me anyways. It doesn't even matter. George hates me too. I don't blame him. What girl gets pregnant twice before she's 20.

Me, I guess.

The plane shakes a little bit and then we've landed.

I try to grab my carry-on from the storage overhead but it falls out of my grasp and wince as I prepare for it to hit the floor.

But it's doesn't. The guy sitting in front of me is holding it in his arms. And he's really, well, hot. I can feel my face flush bright pink.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry, thank you so much," I tell him quickly and take it from his hands.

"Oh no, it's really no problem at all," he says with a confident smile. "Hey, where are you going?"

"Umm, my apartment. I'm going to school at, uh, Hudson University," I manage to stutter out. God, why am I such a mess.

"Really? Me too," he says with that same breath-taking smile. "What's your name?"

"Oh, Amy."

"Evan. It's been a pleasure meeting you. See you around."

And I have no clue why I did what I'm about to do next.

"Can I have your number?"

He turned around and gave me a big grin full of humor.

"I thought you'd never ask," he says and my heart skips a beat or two. I give him my phone and he punches in his contact.

"Thanks," I say, flushing again. He smiles again and I'm overwhelmed by his beauty. Why is he having this effect on me?

"Call me," he says with a wink and gets his luggage and departs the plane and a few seconds later I do that same.

As I'm wheeling my luggage towards the airport exit, I try to think of a logical solution on why that guy has such an effect on me.

And then it hit me. It must be the pregnancy hormones. Yes, definitely. That was my answer.

Even though I told myself that, I really wanted to see him. But it would seem to desperate if I texted right now. So I texted Angela and told her to meet me at the coffee shop ASAP.

It was a relief to be sitting in the coffee shop with a iced white chocolate mocha. These past two days have been the most stressful of my life. I needed to treat myself.

Angela walked in with worry etched into her pretty features. I waved and smiled at her and she relaxed as soon as she saw that I was okay and happy.

"Okay, I'm going to go order some coffee and then you are going to tell me EVERYTHING."

And that's exactly what I did. I told her about Anne and George and Ricky and John and even Evan. She gasped and looked sympathetic throughout parts of my story.

"I don't even know what to say," Angela tells me. "Just that I'm glad you're still going to school here. At least for the summer. It'll work out, you're amazing. You do what's best."

I smile plays on my lips.

"Thanks Ang, I needed that, I think I just need to rest more."

"No problem, yeah go take care of yourself."

I left and made my way back to apartment complex and Ben's in the lobby. Great. Just what I needed.

"Amy, where have you been?!? I called a while ago and you didn't answer. You missed classes on Friday and-"

"Ben," I say, to cut off his rambling. "I went home to visit my parents and John, that's all. I missed them."

"Oh," he replies. "You could've told me, you know. I thought that we're friends."

I sigh. He's pouting. Does this have to be so third grade? "Yes, Ben we are friends. It was just kind of last minute, okay?"

My patience was wearing low. These past days have been really hard on me and the time zone changes were really messing me up as well. I just wanted to relax.

"Alright," Ben answers with a little bit of hurt in his voice. I don't even care. I hurry to my apartment and throw myself onto the couch.

Of course, just then that morning sickness hits me and I barely make it to the bathroom in time. Just great.

I make myself busy studying for a test but my heart isn't really in it. Just anything to distract me.

At about seven, I decide to go to sleep. I have an earlyish class the next day and I'm still tired, despite of all the sleeping on the plane.

I think of John, who's a million miles away. Ricky, who probably hates me and wants nothing to do with me. George, who hates me. Anne, who's disappointed in me. Ben, who's upset with me.

My life's a nightmare.

And then I think of Evan and smile a little as I fall asleep.

so guys what do you think of Evan ;). leave a comment!