Chapter Nineteen

Sorry I made you all wait so long. I really am. And don't worry, I haven't forgotten about all of you and your stories. Reading as soon as I get the chance, and thanks so much for your patience. Wouldn't be here without you.

And because it's been soooo long, I thought I'd recap a little. Amy is at home with her new daughter, Isabella, and John. Ricky is working at the butcher shop and they are both living in Amy's old house.

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you're confused. Here to help. Okay now I'm starting, thanks for your patience!

The doorbell rings.

"Eek!" I shriek.

I run over to the door like a 5 year old would run to his presents on Christmas morning and I throw open the door.

Standing in my doorway is Lauren and Madison, looking so different, but still exactly the same.

Lauren was wearing more makeup then I remembered. Her hair was in cascading curls, a little shorter then it had been when she left for college. She looked elegant, sophisticated. Lauren had always been the most level-headed out of the three of us.

Madison looked roughly the same, except she was wearing navy blue eyeliner and her blonde hair was sky blue at the ends.

"Eeeeeek!" Madison and Lauren squealed giddily. They enveloped me in a hug. Finally, they pulled back.

"You look fantastic Amy!" Madison exclaimed, looking at me with her hands on my shoulders. "And oh my! Look at that Laur, she cut her hair!

I automatically brought my hands up to the ends of my hair. I'd forgotten how short it was.

"Yeah," I say.

We head into Ashley's old room. Everything looks the same. I hadn't heard from her, except for a text the day after Isabella was born.

Ashley: congrats! another baby at 18! more teen mom life! ur a real role model! much love, ashley

As you can see, she was a real ball of sunshine, as usual.

Isabella was three months old now. She would give the cutest little smiles and grasp on to my index finger with my hair. Iz would look up at me like I was the single most beautiful thing on earth.

John was fascinated by her. He'd play peek-a-boo and pick out outfits. John was practically ecstatic anytime I let him hold her. The way he treated her made my heart melt.

Ricky and I were better than ever. We felt like a family. We slept together but we didn't have sex. Not once since that night when I first returned from New York.

I talked to Lauren and Madison in complete bliss. Lauren was focused on her studies. She had decided to major in business, which I think she'll be terrific at.

Madison had changed her major at least 6 times, and she was currently trying out a physiology one, which I think will be a total bust.

Also, I had to listen to Madison gush on and on about Jack. They went on dates, three or four, and then two weeks ago he mysteriously stopped answering her calls and was ignoring her existence.

"You can't keep letting him treat you like this," I scold her for about the 1,000th time. "You deserve better. It might be time to move on."

"I know, I know," Madison pouts. "It's just- what if he's the love of my life? And I'm leaving him behind, and I'm just very sad and alone for the rest of my life?"

Lauren and I take a collective sigh. Leave it to Madison to be the single most over-dramatic person on the planet.

"How long are you guys going to be here for?" I ask.

"Another two days. What do you want to do?"

It becomes quiet as they all sit and think.

"I've got nothing," Madison says.

"Me too."

"Me three." We all laugh. "Maybe Ricky will have an idea."

So we go back to the living room and ask him.

"How about camping?"

Normally, I'd say no. But I was feeling good and was in great spirits. "Sound great!" I exclaim.

So Madison, Lauren, and I pack our bags and a tent and go off into the great wilderness for a fun weekend.

I never would've agreed to it if I had known all that would go wrong.