1.

It's dark all around us. The air was cool and the wind was slow. The trees swayed only slightly at the tops as animals were tucked away within its branches at an attempt to keep warm.

We crept around to the backyard, walking ever so carefully. If anyone heard, we were definitely goners.

The stars sparkled above us as we reached the field of grass they called a yard.

"Where are we going? How can a secret hideout be in someone else's backyard?" Sarah asked from behind.

"Shh," I said without turning around, "just stay close."

I feel her breath on my neck and wonder how close she thought she was supposed to be.

I led her to their wooden deck, ducking the windows and gesturing for her to do the same. Once on the deck, I could tell she was getting anxious.

"We're not going in there are we?" She asked as she glared at their back door, shielded by a curtain. She was wearing my sweater, skinny jeans, a grey beanie, and high tops. She looked freezing as it was only 57 degrees out.

I smiled at the sight of her tiny figure. "No we're not going in there, okay?"

"Well why is a hide out, of all places, at some random person's house?"

"Hey, chill. It's the only house in town where you can see it." I answered.

"See what?"

"You'll see." I take her hand and we walk across the deck and to the other side of it.

There, there's a ladder attached to the house. Ya know the kind that are real skinny and have the weeds and flowers growing all over them. Not a nice sight, but it's what was up the ladder that was worth while.

I helped her climb up first, making sure she wouldn't fall, then I went up.

She was already gaping at the sight when I arrived. I grabbed her waist from behind, put my chin on her head as we stared out at the scenery.

From this roof, you can see the downtown drive-in movie theater screen. Fifty Shades Of Grey was coming on in twenty minutes, not like I wanted to watch it but it was her favorite movie. Don't ask how I found this house.

"Like it?" I ask.

"Like it?" She repeated, spinning around and hugging me. "I love it."

I had already set up a comfortable area on the roof the day before. Pillows, blankets, food and such.

"Wanna sit? Movie starts in a little bit." I said to her.

I didn't wait for her answer, instead I took her hand and sat her down on the pallet. As we sit, starring out at the area, I could hear her heavy breathing. I look over at her.

"Are you cold?"

"A little." She answered. Her eyes sparkled like the stars overhead.

"Come here." I held out my arms to her. She laughed and scooted closer.

Embracing her, I squeezed tightly.

"'Member what I told you about what I did the other day?"I question.

"Yeah. What about it?"

"Trial's tomorrow."

She made a noise as if about to cry but also as if she were sighing.

"You okay?"

"Yeah." She paused. "I just don't want you to go to jail."

"I won't." She was so warm in my arms.

"But you did it. Why did you try robbing the bank anyways? Did you think you would actually get away with it? I never got to ask you."

"Dunno." I knew very well why but now, here, was not a good time or place for it at all to be explained.

"But..."

"Shh." I cut her off. "The movie's starting."