3.

Everything happened so quickly. I was blinded by bright flashes. I couldn't see anything. All I could make out was my mom laying there unconscious on the floor with blood dripping from her head. I'm not sure where exactly though.

I was scared, frightened, I felt like passing out. My life flashed before my eyes. I was hyperventilating. I didn't know what to do but fortunately someone near had already called the cops and I could see them coming from a distance.

I felt a hint of relief and I could breathe a bit slower, in the meantime I had managed to crawl over to her and was just hugging my mom in my arms. I rubbed her hair out of her face. It was caked with blood and matted to her skin.

I could see her silently crying. I assured her, "Everything will be okay. Don't worry, help is coming."

The cops were getting closer, I could hear their loud sirens. The ambulance was right behind them when they arrived. They picked my mom up, laid her on their portable bed and cleaned off some of the blood that was dripping from her face.

I fortunately didn't get injured as bad so I just sat there next to my mother, holding her arm on the ride to the hospital.

We were there in less than 10 minutes. That was good-she was loosing quite a bit of blood.

The paramedics got her out of the ambulance truck, rushed her inside, and transferred her onto a hospital bed.

They rushed her down a hall and into a room. Since I was fairly alright, they just walked me to another room across the hallway and made me lay down in bed.

I was still worried about my mom of course but I told myself they could save her and everything would be alright. I just relaxed and laid there while the doctors examined my cuts and other minor injuries.

The doctors then demanded I get some rest in order to gain more energy for my body to heal.

***
The next day came and I woke up really early, it was 7:47 when I looked at the time. The first person that came into my head was my mother and if she was alright.

I slid out of bed slowly because my body still ached a little from yesterday. I made my way across the hall to her room and opened the door. The doctors instantly shot me angry looks.

I simply said, "Sorry." I tried to sneak a peek at her but it was no use. I silently went back to my room in defeat.

About ten more slow, silent minutes went by and the doctors came into my room. I was extremely anxious to hear what they had to say.

Their faces looked as though they had no feelings what so ever but they're doctors-their faces are always either over dramatic or too calm.

They informed me, with little detail that they had done a small surgery on my mother and that she just needed a few days of rest. I was so very excited and proud of how strong she was.

I couldn't wait to see her the next day...if they'd let me anyway.