5.

She only lived a few miles away so she was going to arrive any second now. Probably in less then twenty minutes. I was anxiously just waiting there on the couch, expecting a door to get knocked on.

I continuously checked the T.V guide for the time. Exactly seventeen minutes went by before I could hear her steps walking up the pathway leading towards the door.

I stood up, excitedly and walked limply to the door. My leg ached so badly but I'd live. I opened the door and there I saw her beautiful face with the eyes that sparkled and her perfect hair which fell down perfectly without her even trying.

Too bad she was sad today because she also had a beautiful white smile that made me fall in love every time I saw it.

I swung the door open before she could knock and embraced her.

"I missed you. I'm sorry." I apologized in her ear.

She didn't hug me back but I ignored it.

"Come in." I gestured for her to make herself at home.

She's been to my house many of times before, so it's not like that was hard for her. She sat on the couch and I sat beside her.

"So, what did I come here for exactly?" She asked, looking at her feet.

"Look at me." I told her. I just wanted to see her eyes when I told her. "I need to explain the whole bank thing to you. You still wanna know right?"

She nodded slowly.

"Well," I hesitated but I didn't look away, "you know how you wanted to go to that college in Florida but you didn't get a scholarship?"

She shook her head vigorously. "No, no, no. Hunter, tell me that's not why." She sounded angry but sorrow filled her eyes.

"Just listen alright?" I said, grabbing her hand. "I knew you couldn't pay for it without a scholarship but I also knew how badly you wanted to go. Seeing you cry that day just...I don't know. It just tore me apart. I knew you'd be mad when I told you this but you needed to know. I just thought we'd grow as a couple you know...if I told you."

She just looked at the ground, shaking her head slightly. Her eyes were tightly shut.

"Look at me!" I unintentionally yelled but caught myself. "Please." I squeezed her leg gently.

She looked at me and strands of hair fell in her face. I brushed them away for her. I couldn't quite read her face. It was a mixture of anger, sadness, yet seemed to be just a tad bit of joy.

"What are you thinking? Are you mad?" I asked, looking into her eyes. Of anything, I didn't want her to be mad.

"No I'm not mad, Hunter but Jeses!" The sentence started off calm but then raised. "You're just so unpredictable sometimes. I'm just not sure if I can handle it."

I freaked out on the inside. "No, don't say that. Look, I'll get better I promise. Just give me a chance and I'll give you the world. Just one more." I was practically begging.

I could smell her perfume and it reminded me of the same perfume I'd smelled that night on that roof. I didn't want to let that go. All the memories, the pictures, her. It was all I had. She was my everything.

"I don't wanna lose you." I said.

"I don't know what to say, Hunter." She stared at me.

"Just say yes. Just yes and the world is yours. All yours." I promised.

She took a deep breath.

"Yes." She said finally. "But stop obsessing." She stood and walked out the door without a word more.

So hot.