6.

I was still stuttered by her beauty even if the hours ticked by. I was definitely and unfortunately in love.

***
A few days went by and my mom was finally allowed to get out of the hospital. I called a taxi to go pick her up because I couldn't walk that whole way still and I felt pretty down that day anyways.

When she arrived home that day, she started crying at the sight of me and just begged me to hug her and kiss her bright red cheek.

"Mom, calm down." I laughed. "You're home now."

"Ya know what? I have a great idea." She said through sniffles as she took her shoes off.

"Oh yeah?" I smiled as I walked around the counter to make her something to eat. "And what's that?"

"A party."

I look up at her in disbelief.

"Are you lying?" I ask. "Is it like a just me and you party or a party party?"

She never let me have people over unless it was Sarah let alone a party.

"A party party." She answered.

"Why?"

"You're a good kid for the most part. You're seventeen years old, you make mistakes but we both know your heart is mostly in the right place." She smiled.

"Mom." Was all I could muster before I hugged her. She laughed and hugged back.

"I made your sandwich, be down later!" I yelled back as I rushed up the stairs.

I had to get my phone and let people know. I was careful on who I invited of course because well my mom was going to be there.

I began getting feedback after the twenty seventh invite, questions like what kind of party? And should I bring food?

I exited my room and yelled down the stairs. "Ma, what kinda party and is there food or should my friends bring everything?"

"Uh..." She appeared at the bottom of the steps. "Well, I'll take the cover off of the pool in the back if you want."

Wow, I had the greatest mom ever. A pool party after I just made a fucked up choice?

"Yes please! Thank you, Mom!" I would hug her again but I didn't feel like walking all the way down the stairs and back up again.

"Yep." She giggled. "And I'm headed to the store anyways, I'll pick up food. You eat a lot when I'm not around."

I laughed in agreement and went back into my room. Sitting on the edge of it, I began answering the questions.

Sarah was the first one I invited of course but she had just responded and said she couldn't come unless her little brother came with.

He was twelve but super cool. He was hilarious too. I'm really close with him. They were exactly alike.

I responded back telling her it was alright. She actually seemed a bit happy to come.

***

Mom came home about an hour and a half later. As soon as I heard the door open, I made my way downstairs to help unpack the groceries.

She'd gotten so much!

She even remembered Sarah's favorite donuts- the longer ones with sprinkles.

We spent a little while unpacking the bags as I examined everything. This would be more than enough for everyone.

My mom helped me set up the backyard. It was beautiful out. The weather was hot and the sky was pure blue.

I aided her in removing the heavy tarp from the underground pool.

"Throw in what you want." She said. She was referring to like floating toys and such.

I figured why not and took some out of the garage. I threw in some things I thought Sarah's brother might like. All of the floaty toys somehow resembled food like there was a floating donut and that kind of stuff. I'm not sure why but I think its kinda funny.

The pool had lights on the very bottom. They turn on automatically when it gets dark.

"How long can this be?" I asked her as she was rolling up the tarp.

"I don't care. It's your party."

It was only like 2:00 in the afternoon but with the amount of food we had, it could last all night.

"11 it is." I declared. "They'll be here any minute."