12.

I was devastated all day but I just hoped everything would be alright in the end like always. My biggest flaw personally, is that I expect everything to have a fairy tale ending.

I relaxed in an attempt to calm myself down. I realized just how hungry I was after a matter of a half hour, so I went down to the hospital cafeteria to grab something quick to eat. Just some pancakes and a small chocolate milk would be enough for now.

When I finished, I immediately went back to Sarah's room, not letting anything distract me and stayed there the rest of the night with her.

***
Morning came and I had just barely woken up when I caught a glimpse of her open her eyes. I rapidly got out of my the chair I was seated in and rushed to her side.

I grabbed her hand and whispered into her ear, "I love you." I didn't want to attack her as soon as she'd awoken but I wanted her to know I was here.

She smiled and a tear came out of her eye and rolled down her cheek.

"Don't cry." I smiled. "I'm sick and tired of crying."

"Oh, yeah?" She said very weakly with a vague smile. "Well I'm tired of hospitals."

I smiled. "Me too." I rubbed her head until she fell back asleep. The doctors would be here soon, they always check on the patients early.

I wasn't sure I was even supposed to be in here but I didn't care much.

The doctors came a bit later and sure enough they weren't very pleased with my presence. They attempted a polite approached in telling me to leave.

I didn't want to but, but I obeyed and decided I'd just leave the building in general.

Being me, I of course didn't know where I was going but I walked and walked and walked and didn't stop until the memories filling my head, make my eyes misty. My legs ached now.

I finally understood what Sarah was feeling, I mean I don't think I had entire control over myself.

I slumped down in a dead field, dead as it was, it gave me a calm feeling. She had been right. Once I was on my knees just staring at the endless curving of the field, I felt it. It felt like nothing, I just wasn't me.

It's like time was standing still, just like she had said.

Something spoke to me from inside me as I shut my eyes and let the wind blow threw my hair.

Sarah was dead, but when time stands still...

just know it's all just a dream.

~

When I awoke, Sarah was sitting in a chair by my bedside in my room.

"I love you too."