11.

"Hey, Ma! I found her, she just needs time to herself right now but she's alright!" I yelled into the air as soon as I walked in the house.

She came walking down the stairs a few moments later.

"Great." She smiled. "What do you want to eat?" She made her way to the kitchen and I followed.

"Eggs, bacon, sausage. Anything in that area." I replied with a mocking smile.

"Cereal it is." She retorted.

I laughed and kissed her on the cheek. "Fine. Want some?" I ask.

"No, I'm fine right now. Thank you though."

"Yep." I grabbed a bowl and a random cereal box from the cupboard. My mother grabbed the milk from the fridge for me.

The home phone rang just as I found my seat at the table. I didn't pay any mind to my mom as she answered it. I just sat and prepared my food.

I looked up from my food as I ate when I heard the beep of the end button. My mom had put the phone on the counter and she was now placing both hands on the counter, staring down at the phone.

She didn't move. Now I was worried.

"Ma?" I ask after I swallow. She still doesn't move.

"What's wrong? Who was that?" I stood now.

"Ya know," she said finally, "when we lose people, life goes on okay. It's okay to be upset at first but-"

"Mom!" I cut her off. "Who the hell was that?"

Tears started rolling silently down her cheeks now.

"I love you, Hunter. It'll all be okay. I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"Mom!" I screamed now as I was beginning to get mad. "Who was it!"

"Teresa!" She yelled back.

Sarah's mom. Then I figured she probably wanted to know if I'd seen her.

"Did you tell her she's alright?" I ask, calming down again. I sit in my chair and continue eating.

My mother just looks at me. Stares even.

"I would have. If it were true."

I slowly put down my spoon and swallowed the remainder of my food.

"What do you mean, Mom? She's fine. I just saw her like twenty minutes ago, she said-"

"Forget what she said." My mother demanded.

I looked at her confused.

"Hunter, she's dead!"

I stood and nearly charge toward her then stop in front of her.

"Mom, that's not fucking funny!" I yelled at her angrily.

"You think I don't know that?" She began to sob. "She jumped off a roof. Suicide." She sobbed.

I paused. My knees began to turn into jelly. I wobbled as tears clouded my eyes. I don't know what I was thinking. So many thoughts swirled around in my head, it would be impossible to focus on just one.

My knees gave out and I fell to the floor.

I began to sob until my mother knelt down and tried to comfort me. My utter sadness turned into anger so fast that I couldn't process it all.

I shot up, almost pushing my mom backwards. Running to the door, I hear her desperate calls of my name.

I ignore her and rush out the door.

My plan wasn't entirely thought through, I wasn't even sure if I had a plan. All I knew is that I had to see her. I was gonna save her and it'll all be okay.

Yeah, everything will be okay.

I still wasn't sure if she was at the hospital or what but I took my chances. Sprinting, I didn't stop not once until reached the hospital.

As I talk in speeds unimaginable, I can tell that the front desk lady was surprised to see me back so soon. She told me the information I need and I followed the instructions to Sarah's room.

I run passed people and dodge carts and wheelchairs that filled the hall but I make it. I finally make it and I burst in with no hesitation.

There she was, lying peacefully in the hospital bed. Her gorgeous hair was down, partially covering her face. Beautiful, even now.

I kneel down by her side and hold her hand in mine. Gently moving her hair, I kiss the tip of her nose.

Her beautiful face was bruised but yet it still remained flawless in my eyes, and as I stare at her resting face, I longed to see the sparkle in hers.