8.

We walked out the living room and rapidly made our way to the back door. Once outside, everyone was lost and panicking.

I still hadn't seen what the dilemma was. They were all so scared and once I saw the problem I realized they couldn't react in time.

"Noooo," Sarah let out a shrill, cracking scream as she began to dart over to the pool.

I grabbed her arm and ran in front of her. I dived in to the pool at a frightened and forced attempt to save her drowning brother.

Everyone had been too dazed and alarmed at the screams of others that they all just chose to evacuate the pool as a last result.

Even though most of the guests had removed themselves, there were still tons of stranglers in the pool. They splashed me in the eyes as they scrambled to get out. The chlorine set in as the splashes continued.

I looked around drastically until I saw the little arms emerging from the pool in panic.

Swimming to his aid, I nearly attacked the situation as I grabbed him in my arms and yanked him and myself out of the water.

Instantly, I noticed his eyes were shut. I lay him down beside the pool and attempt CPR. I had learned this awhile back.

Everyone gathered around to watch. I plugged his nose as I blew in his mouth. I then out my ear to his chest but nothing. I repeated over and over, faster and faster before Sarah pulled me away. Tears were rushing down my face.

My mother had already called paramedics awhile ago but they arrived just after I'd been pulled away.

All of the guests, Sarah, my mom, and I watched in horror as they hauled him away. I stood up. I was absolutely mortified. If he died at my party, I would never forgive myself.

Sarah was sobbing now as a couple of her friends tried to accompany her. She was hurting and afraid. She practically threw herself through them and ran to catch up with the paramedics.

My friends calmed me with placing their hands on my shoulder. I just slowly shook my head at myself.

"Come on, guys." I said finally. "Parties over."

No one protested against it, just nodded slowly with sorrow expressions as they made their way to the back door of my house.

As they all exited, they left behind tears, kind words, apologies, and a piece of history that is never to be forgotten.