Chapter 3

(A/N this is pajamas Aurora wears after the sorting and feast)

AURORA'S POV

We got off the train and walked around to find where we needed to go.

"Firs' years! Firs' years over here! Alright there Harry?" Hagrid's voice said.

"Hagrid!" I said.

"Hello little cub." Hagrid said to me. That was his nickname for me, you know for being the daughter of a lion. I met Hagrid when I was young when my father took me to Hogwarts to find a safe place for the Mirror of Eris- I'm not supposed to tell you that. Anyways Hagrid said he would  take care of me while my father talked to Dumbledore.

"How do you know Hagrid?" Harry asked me.

"I met him once."

We followed Hagrid till we got to the lake.

"No more than five to a boat." Hagrid said. I got in a boat with Harry, Hermione, Neville and Ron. We rode the boat till we saw Hogwarts. No matter how many times I've seen it, it still looks very beautiful, and reminded me of when I lived in Cair Paravel. I miss that place, and I hope it still stands when I go back, for time travels very differently there then it does here. When we reached shore, we got off of our boats.

"Oi, you there! Is this your toad?" Hagrid asked Neville.

"Trevor!" Neville said blissfully.

Hagrid led us down a path towards Hogwarts. When we were in front of the school, Hagrid knocked on the doors three times. The door opened and I saw Professor McGonagall. I actually met her the same day I met Hagrid. I was playing hide and seek with Hagrid, (what I was only 5, don't judge) and I stumbled across  McGonagall's room when she was teaching. She didn't notice me at first, but when she did, she allowed me to be her little helper. So I was her little helper for a little while till I had to go find Hagrid.

"The firs' years Professor McGonagall." Hagrid said.

"Thank you Hagrid. I will take them from here." she said before she gave me a small smile and led us towards the Great Hall. (I'm just going to skip the speech, because I'm sure you've read it or heard it before.)

"I shall return when we are ready for you," McGonagall said, "Please wait quietly." She left with us waiting outside the Great Hall.

"So it's true then," I heard a voice say. " What their saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." 

I heard people whisper among the crowd about Harry. I saw the boy who was talking.

"This is Crabbe and this is Goyle," the boy said, nodding at who looked to be his bodyguards. "And my name's Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

Ron coughed, trying to hold back a snicker.

"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask who you are. My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children then they can afford." Draco said.

"Well your father is wrong about two of those things." I mumbled.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing." I said.

Draco turned back  to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are much better then others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." he said, holding out his hand for Harry to shake, but Harry didn't take it.

"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks." Harry said.

Before Draco could say something else, Minnie (Professor McGonagall lets me call her that) come back out.

"We're ready for you." she said.

We walked in a line. Hermione walked next to me, while I walked behind Harry and Hermione behind Ron. I looked up and saw that the ceiling and saw that it looked like the night sky. Have to remember that at our next feast in Cair Paravel.

"It's bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in Hogwarts, A History." Hermione said.

"You read it too. I thought I was the only one." I said.

Hermione linked arms with me. "I think we are going to be great friends." she said.

"No, best friends." I said.

(I'm going to skip the sorting because you know where everyone goes. Aurora got into Gryffindor like the others.)

I grabbed my food and ate very neatly. Being a queen, I was taught how to eat neatly. I guess it still stuck with me after a year of not being queen. I saw Professor Snape glaring at Harry. Snape then turned to face me and a small smile came to his lips. I smiled back and before I knew it, we were on our way to the Gryffindor common room. Hermione and I share a room with 2 other girls. Best part we have our own little section of the 'dorm'. So it's like our own room in our room, if that makes sense. (I'll post a picture of what her room looks like in the next part with a little authors note.) I got changed and decided that I would wake up early and decorate my room tomorrow. So I said my good night to Hermione and was out like a light as soon as I hit my pillow.