Chapter 9

AURORA'S POV

I woke up with a bad feeling in my stomach. Like something bad was going to happen. What made it worst was that we had the first quidditch game today. Yay. Hint the sarcasm. I took a shower and got dress into a quidditch outfit and did my hair. I walked down to the Great Hall to find Ron and Hermione trying to get Harry to eat. I sat by Hermione and ate my food, listening to their conversation.

"Take a bit of toast mate. Go on." Ron said.

"Ron's right, Harry. You're going to need your strength today. Look at Aurora. She's eating." Hermione said.

"I'm not hungry." Harry said.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against the troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy. Even if it is against Slytherin." Snape said behind Harry. "Good luck Aurora. Try not to get hurt." He said to me, walking away.

"That explains the blood." Harry mumbled, looking at Snape's leg.

"Blood?" Hermione asked.

"Listen, the other night, I think Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try to get past the dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." Harry said.

"Harry, I don't think he did. He might be mean to some people, but I don't think he wants to get the Cerberus. Besides, he was at the feast so he couldn't have done it. And maybe he was trying to stop someone else, but got hurt in the process." I said, munching on some toast.

"Besides, who would want to go near that dog." Hermione said.

"The day I went to Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret." Harry implied.

"So that means-" Hemione started.

"That's what the dog is guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry finished.

"We don't know if it's Snape." I said but they weren't listening. They were distracted by two owls with long packages fly in. I immediately recognized them as Athena and Hedwig. They flew in front of us and Athena looked at Scabbers like he was a snack. I gave her some bacon and she flew off. I did the same to Hedwig, after I asked Harry if I could do so, and she flew off as well. I looked at the packages me and Harry had. I realized that they were broomsticks. I looked at the letter and saw it was from Minnie. Harry said she gave him his too. Wood then rallied up the team and me and Harry followed him. We went to the quidditch field and got in our formation to start the game. I was standing next to Angelina Johnson, who was a nice and cool person.

"There is no need to be afraid, you'll do just fine. You were great in practice. Just play like that and you'll do fine." she said seeing the nervous look on my face. I smiled gratefully at her. We then flew out in our formation.

"Hello and welcome to the first Quidditch game of the season. Today's game, Slytherin versus Gryffindor." The announcer, Lee Jordan said to the crowd though an amplified microphone. "The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps onto the field to start the game." Lee continued.

"Now I want a nice clean game from all of you." Madam Hooch said, mostly to the Slytherins. 

"The bludgers are followed by the golden snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points and the seeker who catches the snitch ends the game." Lee reminds us. "The Quaffle is released and the game begins."

I quickly grabbed the quaffle and flew towards the Slytherin goal. I threw the quaffle into the goal and scored. Ten points for Gryffindor. The Slytherins now have the quaffle and are heading to our goal. I try to find an opening to get the quaffle. They shoot but didn't score because Wood is amazing. Alicia Spinnet grabs it and we toss it back and forth to keep it away from the Slytherin chasers. I then heave it down the field to Angelina who shoots and scores. Ten more points. The Slytherins have it. They shoot. No score, but Flint, the captain, takes the beaters bat and hits a bludger towards Wood, who falls to the ground, knocked out. This causes them to score. Angelina now has the quaffle, when she's surrounded by a couple gits. They start to push her around , until she eventually falls to the ground. I'm furious. I start towards the one with the quaffle, but they score so it is a tie game. I looked up to the sky to try to urge Harry to spot the snitch, but I see him diving towards something. He's seen it. All of a sudden, his broom starts to jerk. I towards him, but then my broom starts to jerk also. It got to a point to were I flew off my broom. Now I'm hanging on to it with one hand over 100 ft. high.  Then the jerking stopped. I grabbed onto my broom with my other hand and flipped on to my broom and landed on my feet. I soon realized that during the commotion, Slytherin has scored more points. I flew over to the chaser with the quaffle while standing on my broom, and grabbed the quaffle out of his hand. I flew over to the slytherin goal and shot the quaffle in it. I looked for Harry and found him on the ground holding the snitch I flew down towards him and gave him a hug, which he gladly returned.

****TIME SKIP****

Me and Hermione sat in the great hall eating lunch while Harry tried to get Hagrid to tell him about someone named Nicholas Flammel. Hermione was trying to find Nicholas Flammel in one of her books. I decide to help her. Everyone, except for the Slytherins, came to congratulate the Gryffindor team for winning the match. It was great until Pansy Parkinson, a mean Slytherin girl, walked up to us.

"Here is the start of World War 3." I whispered to Hermione. She giggled a little.

"What are you laughing at?" Pansy asked in her mean girl voice. We simply ignored her and continued reading. "Hey Aurora, instead of hanging onto that broom, you should have let go so the school could be rid of you." she said to me. She was really ticking me off, but I didn't let it show. When she realized that I wasn't going to answer she went after Hermione. "So you're the so called 'smartest' witch in the school. You shouldn't even be here. You're nothing but a stupid, worthless mudblood." I slammed my book on the table and the whole hall went silent.

"What did you call her, Pansy." I asked, gritting my teeth. I felt my hair and eyes turn pure gold. It very rare for this to happen. Like, 1% out of 1000% rare. Pansy knew she pushed a button and smirked before answering.

"I said that she is nothing but a stupid, worthless mudbl-" BAM! I didn't let her finish. I  punched her across the face so hard, she fell back, holding her cheek. Without touching the table, I broke it in half and pushed it out of my way with my hands. I walked up to Pansy and slowly felt myself losing control of my body.

"Want to say that again Pansy." I said in a threatening voice.

"She's nothing but a mudblood." she said. THAT'S IT! I felt myself lose full control of my body as I pounced on Pansy. I kept punching her and scratching her. She tried to fight back, but only got herself more hurt in the process. I scratched her some much that she was starting to become unconscious from blood loss. I saw students run around crazily. From the left corner of my eye, I saw the Weasleys, Hermione and Harry stare at me like I was a monster. From the right corner of my eye, I saw the teachers run up to me to try to stop me. From behind Snape and Minnie grabbed my arms and pulled me of Pansy.

"LET ME GO! I'M GOING TO KILL HER! LET ME GO THIS INSTANT!" I screeched. "SHE DESERVES EVERY PART OF THIS AND SO MUCH MORE! I'M GOING TO FREAKING KILL YOU PANSY! YOU'RE DEAD! DO YOU HEAR ME! DEAD!" I struggled against Snape and Minnie's grip while the other teachers calm the students down.

"Aurora, please, calm down." Hermione begged me while crying. Slowly the words repeated in my head and Hermione's voice started to change into Lucy's voice. I remember the night in Cair Paravel when a man broke into Lucy's room and tried to kill her. That's the first time I lost control of myself. That same night I made a promise to Lucy that I would never loose control again. Slowly I felt my hair and eyes change back to their normal color.

"Please, let me go." I whispered, my voice cracking a little. Reluctantly, Snape and Minnie let me go. I turned towards the doors and walked out. I walked out of Hogwarts and into the Forbidden Forest.