Flashback One: The Lightning Theif

A/N: The first few chapters will show short flashbacks of Hermes and Calla's relationship during the books, from Hermes, Calla, and/or Third Person's POV.

*begin flashback* (Calla is 14 years old.)

C∂llis†∂ I just recently found out that I had another sibling-a brother. I hadn't gathered much information from him, just that his name was Perseus Jackson, his mother's name was Sally, and he needed to find her. I supported him 100 percent, all the way through.

It was about the fifth day since he left, and I was worried, of course, not knowing how he was doing. All I could think about was him. After all, I've never had a sibling before.

"Calla!" A voice pulled me back to reality. It was my friend, Hermes.

"Any news?" I asked him nervously. He made an 'eh' face. "You want the good news or the bad news?" He asked.

"Good." I said.

"Good news is, he's alive and in pretty good shape." Hermes answered.

"And the bad news?" I asked.

He sighed. "Well, it seems that Ares, of all people, is bartering with him now."

I closed my eyes and counted to 10.

"Don't worry, Calla, Percy is brave, or at least I hope so." He muttered the last part.

I scoffed. "Thanks, that's reassuring." I paused, becoming serious again. "He is, you know. He took on the entire Ares cabin, not to mention spraying Clarisse la Rue with toilet water."

Hermes arched his eyebrows. "He did what?"

I laughed. "Shouldn't you know by now? Word is all over!"

I didn't realize it then, but Hermes was smiling at me in a way only lovers could.

*end flashback*

Author's Note
=========================
Merry Christmas, guys! I'm actually opening presents next Monday, because Gran's on vacation and we have to wait for her to come home. I know the cover title isn't the best, and that I get one chapter into a story then delete it-like Leonardo da Vinci not completing his work-but I promise, I won't give up on this one. Until next time,

Save the world

Read fanfics

Ship Caleo

Fight monsters

Love ice cream

~DragonsOfIceCream