Flashback Two: The Sea of Monsters

*begin flashback* (Calla is 15 years old.)

C∂llis†∂ Again, Percy had gotten himself into a ridiculously über amount of trouble. Not many people may have known it, but I sure did. The idiot had gone after the Golden Fleece.

I wanted to help him, but he said I should stay at Camp. I swear, he's making me look bad. Still, I decided it was best for him to go and I would stay and make up a cover story for him. Having the God of Thieves as your friend, it's not hard.

Hermes gave me a book called 'How to Steal Without Getting Caught' last Christmas. A third of the book was on how to lie. Guess who wrote it? 'The Awesomest Guy On the Planet Even Awesomer Than Apollo'. His grammar...

Anyway, it was really bugging me that I hadn't gone on any quests before, and two years at Camp, Percy's already gotten 2 quests!

To make matters worse, Annabeth has to go with him. Annabeth's like a sister to me, and Percy is my actual brother. If anything happens to them, I'd take it upon myself, which is the second last thing that needs to happen. The last thing that needs to happen is my favorite author dying in the middle of writing a series. That'd be terrible.

Hermes and I met at our usually spot, the beach just out of Camp Half-Blood's borders. Now, if someone just happened to come upon us, and that person just happened to know me, then they would probably say I was cheating on Shawn, because that's what it looks like. But that won't be true as long as we're dating.

Hermes waved to me, so I waved back. He grinned at me, grabbed my wrist, and pulled me to the water.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Just watch." He said.

"Okay then..."

Hermes cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled, "Here, Deeelll-" before he was cut off by a big dolphin splashing water on his face. I couldn't help but laugh.

Hermes scowled at me, which later turned into playful laughter. "What?" He asked.

"That was what you wanted to show me?"

"Not really." He scratched his head. "Our dolphin here was supposed to do some tricks. What went wrong?"

I smiled. "What went wrong? What went wrong was that I'm present, and 'our dolphin here' wants to embarrass you." I burst into more fits of laughter, because Hermes was trying to get a patch of seaweed out of his hair.

I pulled it out for him. "There." He grinned sheepishly. "Thanks." I nodded in response.

H£RM£S I stood waiting for Calla at the edge of the beach. I knew I loved her, but I couldn't have her for as long as she was with her boyfriend, which would be until they died.

I saw her running towards me, hair flying and all. She looks good, I thought. No, bad mind. I told myself. She's not yours, and never will be. 

I felt bad for myself at the moment, but maintained a positive attitude. I waved to her, and she waved back. I grinned at her and dragged her to the the shore, where I was standing.

"What are you doing?" Calla asked.

"Just watch." I told her.

"Okay then..."

I put my hands around my mouth and yelled, "Here, Deeelll-", just when a huge dolphin jumped up and splashed water in my face. Calla laughed hysterically.

I scowled at her, but then smiled. "What?" I asked.

"That was what you wanted to show me?" She inquired.

"Not really." I scratched my head. "Our dolphin here was supposed to do some tricks. What went wrong?"

"What went wrong? What went wrong was that I'm present, and 'our dolphin here' wants to embarrass you."

Calla laughed even more when I tried to take a patch of seaweed out of my hair. "There." She said as she pulled out the seaweed and tossed it into the water.

I grinned at her. "Thanks". Calla nodded as her way of saying 'you're welcome'.

I looked at my watch. "You should go."

"Yeah." She said. "See ya'."

I smiled. "Yeah, okay. Bye."

"Bye."

Author's Note
==========================
See? Told ya' I wouldn't give up. Liking the story so far? Great! (I sound super cringy.) Until next time,

Save the world

Read fanfics

Ship Caleo

Fight monsters

Love ice cream

~DragonsOfIceCream