Flashback Four: The Battle of the Labryrinth

A/N: Not much of a fluff in this chapter. Just some intel on what's going on inside Camp... (Sam Claflin as Brett [FINNICK].)

Third Person's POV: Callista couldn't help but relive the times when Shawn was still alive, when things didn't go downhill, and it made her cry. She started building walls around her, shielding herself from the outside world, from the cruelty there actually was.

Nobody she knew had ever lost anything before; they were still innocent. Only Hermes understood her pain and frustration. He visited once a week, on Fridays, when he didn't have much work to do. Calla would meet him at the beach and tell Hermes all of her worries.

They didn't do anything besides. After talking to each other, they would sit in silence and gaze at the stars. Sometimes Hermes would crack a joke, to make her feel better, but what had happened had already happened. No one could undo it.

Calla wasn't the naïve, shy girl she used to be anymore. Now she was a leader, more disciplined and respected. She felt that she shouldn't love romantically anymore, because it would just cause her more pain. When Aphrodite told her that she was destined to be with someone who cared about her, and she didn't think it was true.

Callista realized she had a crush on Luke Castellan, but when referring to Apollo for help, she learned that he would die. How was that destiny? She sometimes pondered whether she would die with Luke or not.

Calla didn't know if she cared or not whether she died, but she did know that the Camp needed her, and did her best to participate in any kind of quest to stop Kronos. Unfortunately, the quest for the Labyrinth was for only Annabeth, Percy, and Grover. The famous trio, along with Tyson.

Every important quest was handed to them, though Chiron claimed that Calla was his most treasured student, and she had to stay safe, because it was clear that she was not the child of the prophecy, and since the fate of the world didn't depend on her, it would be easy for Kronos to influence her to join his cause.

Which meant that everything did depend on her.

Though she wasn't the Prophecy Child, Callista could be the turning point in the war. It was like a big balance scale, with Camp Half-Blood on the right side and Kronos and his army on the left side.

Obviously, the Camp is the righteous side, because they are on the right, but they are missing their secret weapon-possibly their most powerful one-Calla. She had left the Camp after Percy finished his quest without a word of recognition to him.

Percy had always wondered where his sister had gone, until he didn't have time for it. At the beginning of the half-decade, the Camp had nearly 300 campers. Now, they only had roughly 90, which later on would turn into 66.

Callista grew lonely without her friends, and even with Hermes visiting, it didn't seem right. She only visited Camp Half-Blood when it was winter, and Percy had gone on vacation. During the summer, she lived with her mortal friend, Brett Garrett, who was also fairly handsome. Hermes grew to become jealous of him, but said nothing, for fear of Callista's feelings.

In the times that she visited her former home, the campers would murmur among themselves, 'What happened to Calla?'

But the answer was there, whether they understood it or not.

Callista Meratyn was gone.

Author's Note

============================

Hi. Bye. Until next time,

Save the world

Read fanfics

Ship Caleo

Fight monsters

Love ice cream

~DragonsOfIceCream