Chapter Seven

A/N: Okay, this chapter seems irrelevant at first, but I will explain everything later.

C∂llis†∂ Sunlight filtered through the window of my bedroom. I yawned and blinked the sleep out of my eyes. Next to me, my best friend Brett lay in bed.

I know. Two people of opposite gender, sleeping in the same bed?

It's not what it looks like. A few years ago, I was feeling bad, with the cancer and war going on. I needed a place to crash-besides Camp-so I went to the only person I could trust at the time: Brett. He agreed to let me stay, on one condition: I had to sleep with him.

It's not so bad. Besides flirting, Brett doesn't do anything to make me uncomfortable. Plus, he's really hot.

"Morning, gorgeous."

I turned on my side to look at him. "Ugh."

He smiled. "What, you don't like waking up to my handsome face every morning?"

"Shut up." I said.

"Why should I?"

"Because I want you to."

"Mm...you're gonna have to do better than that."

I pretend to think. "Because I'll kiss you if you shut up."

"Deal." Brett looks at me expectantly.

"What?" I asked.

"You...said you'd kiss me?"

"I did say that, but I did not say when."

He pouts. "Aww."

"Fine." I sit up to kiss his cheek, but at the last second, Brett turns his head so that our lips make contact instead.

After a few seconds, I pull away. "You filthy cheater." I say with a grin.

"Well, you seemed to enjoy it." Brett leans in for another kiss, but I push him away. "Not right now. You have to get ready for work, remember?"

He sighs. "Yeah, yeah, of course." Then he smiles at me. "Only you can make me forget about work."

I blush and turn away, trying to hide it.

"Wow, is the mighty Callista Meratyn blushing? It's a miracle!" Brett says sarcastically.

"I told you to shut up, Garrett."

He holds his hands up in surrender and laughs. "Fine, fine." Giving me another peck on my cheek, Brett jumps off the bed and starts to get dressed.

With a yawn, I roll off the bed and head downstairs into the kitchen. Then, I take some leftover pizza from the previous night and reheat it in the microwave, just as Brett comes down, wearing a suit.

Taking the pizza out of the microwave, I look at him. "You know, I still don't get why you don't have fancy stuff. You're a goddamn billionaire, Brett. Might as well act like one."

He gives me a strange look. "I didn't ask to become a successful businessman, Cals. It was just sheer luck that Aya's company got passed down to me. Really, I just want to be a normal guy for once."

Aya Kelly used to own [insert company name here], a video game company. It was random luck that Brett got selected to be the next CEO of [insert company name here].

"That's relatable, I guess. Still, it would be nice to have, like, a Pizza Hut in here."

Brett rolled his eyes. "You're adorable."

"So I've been told. Now, come get some breakfast before I eat it all."

Brett sits down on one of the glossy mahogany chairs and takes a slice of pizza. I snatch it from him and take a bite.

"Hey!" he says.

"Ladies first." I grin.

"With that pizza-snatching attitude, you're hardly qualified to be a lady." he says, picking up another slice of pepperoni pizza.

"Shut the hell up."

"Whatever you say, O mighty Callista."

I flick a piece of pepperoni at him. "That's Queen Callista to you, peasant."

"You're adorable."

"What if I don't want to be adorable?"

"Aw it's okay sweetie, then you can be hot."

I take a seat on the chair next to him a lean my head on his shoulder.

"Do you love me?" I ask him, feigning seriousness.

Brett looks surprised. "For real? Well, I guess I-"

I interrupt him by taking his pizza slice again and taking a bite out of it. Then I slowly chew. "This tastes great, considering it's leftover pizza." I said.

"Oh, come on!" He groans. "At this rate, I'll never finish breakfast in time for work!"

"Babe, you don't have to. I'll finish it for you. See, I'm so generous."

"You wish." Brett scoffs and checks his watch. "Actually, I have to go." Glancing suspiciously at me, he takes the last slice of pizza from the pizza box and brings it to his mouth. Once he finishes it, he pops a mint into his mouth and stands up.

"Bye." he says, walking to the door.

Just as he's about to leave, I call out, "Wait." Brett turns around. "What?"

"You forgot your tie, you idiot." I throw him his black tie and it hits him in the face.

"Thanks. I guess."

"Mm-hmm. Buh-bye." After a few minutes, I head to Camp.

-=+=-

Back at Long Island, I step into the camp, causing a ripple to go through the barrier. Curiousity piqued, campers turn their head in my direction, Annabeth being one of them.

Dropping her bow from archery practice, she runs to me. "Oh my gods, Calla! Where have you been? I was worried about you."

I laugh. "Well, you shouldn't have been. You know I have a habit of disappearing without a word."

Annabeth glares at me. "Yeah, you're way to fond of that habit." Then her anger dissipates and a smile creeps onto her face.

"Seriously, though. Tell me everything!" So I did. From Hermes confessing to Apollo hurting me.

"Gods, Calla. You really think they both love you?"

"Well, I dunno. I was in love with Hermes for a while. He never hinted that he loved me back, so I guess my love just faded a little. I like Apollo, too, with the whole 'I'm-only-dating-you-because-your-dad-wanted-me-to' put aside."

"Well, who do you like more?"

"Again, I don't know. I guess I'm going to have to wait and find out."

Author's Note
=========================

Oh. My. Gods. I GOT A B FOR THE FIRST *beep*ing TIME IN MY LIFE OH. MY GOD. IT'S OKAY IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO FIX THIS I HAVE LIKE ONE DAY BEFORE GRADES ARE FINALIZED I'VE NEVER HAD A B BEFORE HELP ME pLeASe. *hyperventilating*

Okay. Calm down. I'm sure you don't want to hear my sob story. Now that that (that that?) bit of information is out of the way, I'll explain. Kind of. Not really. I'm confusing, I know. First, this story was Calla x Hermes. Then it was Calla x Hermes and Apollo. Now, I'm introducing Brett. What's going on? Brett is a key character in an...interesting plot I have planned ahead. That's all I can tell you right now, sorry!

But I can tell you that I AM OBsEssED with Hawaii Five-O right now. Ohmigod. It's a crime show that's like sooooo awesome. *fangirls* I LOVE IT!!!11111!!!!!111!!!!1111!!! Until next time,

Save the world

Read fanfics

Ship Caleo

Fight monsters

Love ice cream

~DragonsOfIceCream