Chapter Two

C∂llis†∂ The war was over. Yay. I felt like murdering someone, preferably Ares. Luke's dead body was laid on my lap, me caressing his cheek and trying not to cry.

It was my fault Luke died. Hermes trusted me with keeping him safe, and when Luke asked me to come with him before he became Kronos, I refused. I should have gone with him.

Yes, there was something between me and Luke. But then he back-stabbed me and I never forgave him. Not until now.

Thinking about it, I almost didn't notice the Olympians flash into the room. "Calla..." my dad whispered. "What...what is this?"

I gently sent Luke down and face the Olympians, choking back a sob. "We need a shroud." My voice cracked. "A shroud for the son of Hermes."

I couldn't bear to look at Hermes, who was devastated. Apollo, who saw the melancholy on my face walked over. "Hey, Polly." I said weakly. Apollo and I had been friends for a while also, about two years. He hugged me. "It's okay. I would comfort you further, but I'll leave that to Hermes." He winked at me, and went to take his place in the council.

While the gods decided our fate-which I thought was pretty clear, I mean, we just saved Olympus-I leaned against the wall of Olympus, exhausted, and whipped out my iPhone. Dad got me a new one every birthday. I played Plants V.S Zombies while I waited. Annabeth got a little startled around the zombie moans.

I didn't pay attention to the rewards the heroes were getting, but I smiled at Annie when she walked back. Finally, my name was called.

"Callista Collins!" Poseidon's voice boomed. I stepped up and did a slight bow at Zeus' throne. "Does anyone deny that my daughter is deserving?" Poseidon challenged. Nobody answered, though I could picture Ares yelling, "Yeah, deserving of death!"

Zeus spoke out next. "Callista, you will be granted one wish. Any wish. Yes, I know. You will ask for the greatest gift of all: immortality. You will become a goddess."

I was firm in my answer, and without hesitation, I replied. "No."

Zeus looked at me uncertainly, while the other Olympians murmured as if they misunderstood me. "No?" He asked.

I nodded. "Although, I would like a wish. I want you to claim all of your children by the time they turn 14. That goes for all of you."

"Alright," Zeus grumbled dangerously. But after having both Shawn and Luke's blood poured all over my body, I doubted that some puny god of the sky could scare me.

"No," I said. Zeus opened his mouth to question me, but I stopped him. "I need your word for it. You all have to swear on the river Styx that you will keep your promise."

Zeus stared at me and I shrugged. "Someone once told me that you should always get a solid oath whilst dealing with promises."

Hades spoke unemotionally. "Guilty."

"Fine." Zeus snapped and muttered something about video games affecting my brain. "We swear that-" he was interrupted by me. "On the Styx."

"We, the Olympians, swear, on the river Styx, that our children will be claimed by us by the age of 14." Thunder rumbled to emphasize their promise.

"There." Ares said. "What are you going to ask for next, my Harley?"

I pursed my lips playfully. "Maybe."

Ares blanched and looked at Zeus. "NO WAY! YOU CANNOT GIVE IT TO HER!"

I stifled a laugh and headed back to my spot. Next, Percy was called up. He declined immortality, like me, even though he was reluctant to. He asked for Calypso to be freed and demigods to be treated fairly, like I did. But he added a little something more I hadn't remembered.