Chapter Five: The Date Part 2

A/N: You don't have to read this, but whatever. Sorry if I don't update very often, but to be fair, homework is terrible and I don't have many readers. I'm only writing right now 'cause I feel sad and angry. (I think it's because I haven't been listening to Air1 lately. It's a Christian radio station that usually helps calm me down. No, I don't have anger issues, just going through hard times.) This may sound cheesy, but writing helps me get my feelings out-even if nobody's reading it.

C∂llis†∂ I sat crying to myself quietly. I allowed my walls to come down and I got hurt-just like every other time I tried to get close to someone.

Tears threatened to fall, but I squeezed my eyelids tighter and shook my head angrily. The tears quickly disappeared and I took a deep breath.

I had been going through some emotional times lately, so I searched up techniques on my laptop to keep me from crying. Because of my heart trauma, I could cry at the slightest hint that someone I cared about was being mean to me.

Take now, for instance. It was really hard trying not to cry, and even harder that I had to go through so much heartache.

I breathed in deeply again and got up. But as soon as I stood, I started swaying. I could feel my eyes closing and I knew I was about to fall. But why?

I forced my eyes open and groped at the tree next to me, hoping to use it as something to lean on. But then my eyes fell on a shape near the tree trunk. My vision was blurry, so I couldn't quite see what it was. But through the bleariness, I made out a purple flower.

Then, it occurred to me. I was allergic to a glowing, light purple flower called Nightshade. And I didn't mean Benadryl-allergic, I meant so-sick-you-could-die allergic.

I coughed once, then my knees buckled and I fell. 

-=+=-

∂Po¬¬o Calla took off into the woods, running so fast even I couldn't keep up.

"Calla!" I yelled repeatedly. "Please come back, please. I'm sorry!"

Okay, I know this looks bad, but trust me. I had pretty good reason for keeping my intentions from Calla.

One, Poseidon told me not to. If she ever found out, she would freak out and cry. (I don't mean that in a mean way.) Kind of like now.

Two, I loved her, like a lot, and I didn't want her to get hurt.

Three, I can now make a haiku about me being a meanie and recite it to her.

Apollo is a
Really terrible person
I am so awesome

It's not the best haiku, I admit, but hey, I got all the syllables right! I knew it would make Cals laugh as I recited it again. That is, if I could find her.

Crash! Suddenly, I heard the sound of branches snapping and maybe even someone falling down.

"Calla!" I yelled as I ran towards the noise. There, I saw Calla sprawled across the grass, her head bleeding and her breaths ragged.

"Oh, no..." I gently stroked the place where her blood was slowly seeping out. Almost immediately, the wound closed up, but Calla's breathing was still uneven.

"Sorry, Cals," I muttered. "But I can only heal you if I find out what's wrong." As I god, I could read the minds of mortals. So that was exactly what I was going to do.

I reached into Calla's inner thoughts, and since she wasn't conscious, she couldn't put up any defenses to keep me from doing so.

In Calla's mind, I saw a light purple flower and immediately recognized it. Nightshade. One of Artemis' hunters was extremely allergic, so I was familiar with the flower.

As I studied the flower, I felt a memory stir from somewhere deep inside her mind. The next thing I knew, I was part of a flashback.

-=+=-

Gods can get scared, too. Well, maybe scared is too strong a word, but in Calla's memory, I felt very unsettled.

It was the middle of the night, and Calla was in a dark room in...I don't know where she was exactly.

Hawaii, a voice whispered. Calla's voice.

"Cals?" I asked, surprised.

Well, duh, it's my mind. Did ya' think you could intrude without me knowing?

I smiled sheepishly. "Well, kinda."

Don't smile at me like that. I still hate you. Oh, and don't call me 'Cals' anymore. Sorry, but that's only for people who care about me. There was anger and resentment in her voice.

I was about to smile again, but I felt like she meant what she said. Of course, stupid. I chided myself. You kept an important secret from her, why wouldn't she hate you? Suddenly, I didn't care about what was going on in the flashback anymore.

I felt a pang of guilt in my heart. "I-I'm sorry, Cals." The 'Cals' part just slipped out. I always call her that, so I just forgot in the moment. 

I waited for her to yell at me not to call her that anymore, but she didn't. I was confused. "Aren't you going to tell me not to call you that anymore?"

Even though I couldn't see her, I knew Calla was rolling her eyes. You're a god, aren't you? You can do whatever you want, like say, call me names, hurt me, and oh-let's not forget, keep life-changing secrets from me.

"That's...that's how you feel? Just because I'm a god you don't get to do what you want? When..." I smiled half-heartedly in disbelief. "Since when has that ever stopped you?"

You want to know when? Since everybody started insisting on breaking my heart even more than it was already broken.

Then, I was cut from the memory and instead saw Calla in reality again.

There she was, lying on the ground, in so much pain-both physical and emotional. I never knew she suffered so much heartache.

I bit my lip and made a herb materialize from the air. Nightshade allergies weren't hard to cure, even if they were serious.

"I know this tastes bad, but it's good for you." I put the herb in Calla's mouth, where it quickly dissolved.

Then, slowly, she started to get up. "This must've been the worst date ever, huh?" I planted a soft kiss on her lips.

Calla laughed ironically while tears flowed steadily down her cheeks. Then she threw her arms around me and sobbed.

Strangely, I felt my eyes watering, too. 

Author's Note
=========================

I cried while writing this. IT WAS EMOTIONAL, OKAY? Anyways, this started out as a Hermes x fem!Percy fanfiction, but I'm starting to have my doubts. I'm suddenly shipping Apollo x fem!Percy, so what should I do. I dunno, you guys decide. Oh, and, Merry Christmas, just in case I don't make a Christmas chapter. Until next time,

Save the world

Read fanfics

Ship Caleo

Fight monsters

Love ice cream

~DragonsOfIceCream