Chapter Three

Third Person's POV: Callista woke groggily on an unfamiliar bed. Taking in her surroundings, she bolted upright, feeling startled. Memories of the previous night were blurry, but Calla knew they'd come back later.

She walked around the house, wondering whose it was. She looked at some valuable items and decided nobody could be that rich. Calla stared at an interesting pair of sandals, with wings on them.

She chuckled. "Man, Hermes loves these kind of shoes."

Suddenly, the wings on the sandals flapped to life. Calla yelped, then remembered. "Oh. Right. This is Hermes' house."

She blinked and turned to the stairs. "Now I just have to raid the fridge and find the front door."

-=+=-

H£RM£S I didn't like leaving Calla, but duty calls. Sometimes, I just hate my job. It isn't easy being the god of Messengers, you know.

Little time to do anything, plus no one respects you.

I sighed as I knocked on some minor god's door.

The door opened.

"Here's the giant flat-screen TV you ordered, which will probably take hours to install." I mumbled the last part.

Everyone thinks I do everything. But I'm the god of messengers, not electricians. I brought the topic up to Zeus, but it "wasn't worth displeasing all the minorities."

Easy for him to say.

"What?" the god-who was a bit on the chubby side-said groggily. "I didn't order no TV."

I felt irritated. "You didn't?" But then I realized that I had a few spare hours before work resumed.

"BLESS PEOPLE WHO CAN'T GET AN ORDER RIGHT!" I yelled, even though I never thought I'd say it. Then I quickly ran outside, leaving a confused and grumpy god.

-=+=-

I came home to the sight of donuts.

They were all across the table, couch, and floor. I walked into the kitchen confused, and there was Calla.

She leaned against the counter and nodded at me. "'Sup," she said casually.

"You know what, I'm not even going to ask."

Suddenly, something jumped on my head and sprinkled me with donut powder. I looked to Calla, who was stifling a laugh.

I took off the furry mass that was on my head and realized it was a dog-what looked to be a retriever of some sort.

The dog barked at me in a funny way, and I wondered if it was laughing at me.

Calla clapped, and the dog barked one more time and then bounded into her arms gleefully.

"You like my dog?" she asked.

"No," I said gruffly. "Did you see what it did to me?" I asked, shaking some donut powder of my head.

"Well, I think you deserved it."

"What did I do?"

"You spilled my Sprite last night."

"It was actually you that spilled it on my head."

"Well, how do I know that you didn't force me to do it?" she challenged.

"Trust me, I know."

"And your proof?" She asked smugly.

I said nothing. You could never win an argument against Calla. She would always tip the tables so that she won, whether the facts were true or not.

Then I shrugged. "Whatever."

Calla would sometimes make up random arguments just to prove she was better than me. I always let her win because, well, it was cute.

Also because then she would fake crying and I would feel guilty and she would yell, "Psyche!" and I would embarrassed and yeah.

So...she was better than me.

Still, she was attractive, but I didn't know if she felt the same way about me. Chances were, probably not. The night before, she was disoriented and wasn't thinking straight. Calla didn't really love me.

"Earth to Hermes. Say something if you're alive, though I wouldn't mind if you weren't." she teased.

Before I could say anything, the front door opened.

Apollo looked at all the donuts and said the same thing as I did before. "I'm not even going to ask."

"Hey, Polly!" Apollo cringed at Calla's girly pet name for him, but said nothing about it.

"Hey, Calla, Hermes."

"Apollo, what brings you here?"

"Stuff." he said.

"What kind of stuff?" I asked.

"I need to borrow Calla for awhile."

"Why?" I asked suspiciously. Maybe Calla didn't like me, but Apollo was definitely the sort of guy she would fall for.

"Will you never stop launching questions? Cals lost a bet to me and now I get to take her out to lunch." Apollo didn't know about my feelings for Calla, so he said it with a smile.

"Ugh. I thought you had forgotten." She said.

"I could never."

All she said was, "Ew."

Apollo pretended to look offended. "Am I not good enough for you?"

Calla groaned. She grabbed her windbreaker and headed towards the door. "You comin' or what?" she asked. Then she went out, along with my hopes of being with the daughter of Poseidon.

Author's Note
=========================
I write my stories on my laptop, so sometimes it doesn't save changes. Sorry if the chapters sound weird, I'll try my best to fix the bug on my laptop. Also, my eleventh birthday was a week ago! :3 Until next time,

Save the world

Read fanfics

Ship Caleo

Fight monsters

Love ice cream

~DragonsOfIceCream