Chapter One

A/N: I kinda made up my own version of the encounter. (Caitlin Stasey as Callista Meratyn.)

C∂llis†∂ Hestia had just flashed away from Mount Olympus. The other demigods had left, too. It was just me, Percy, and Hermes.

I didn't say much during the conversation, but Percy sure did have a lot to defend Annabeth with.

"It was all your fault! You never should have abandoned Luke and his mom!" Percy said. Hermes grew dangerously large, and I knew what he was going to do. I couldn't let that happen.

"You may be the son of Poseidon, Jackson, but you will never talk to me that way." He raised his caduceus, but not before I interrupted.

"Percy's right! You were a terrible father, and never helped him in any way! You could have at least given him comfort! Not to mention Ms. Castellan. Look how heartbroken she is!" It was pretty stupid of me to go that far.

Hermes turned and looked at me with fury. "You of all people." He spat. "I thought you would be more understanding than the rest of these brats, but no!" He pointed his staff at me, and his form rippled with power.

This is it. I thought. I tried not to feel too pained, because I had thought we were close friends, or maybe even something more. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

Hermes' caduceus started to glow, but then, Martha whispered something into his ear. His eyes widened, said nothing, and flashed away, also.

Percy and I walked out in silence. He left to go command his stupid demigod army, and I left to sober alone in one of Olympus' rooms. I walked in some random door. The room had a big, luxurious bed, a night stand, lamp, and another doorway leading to the balcony. It was pretty simple considering that this was Olympus.

I walked out onto the balcony and looked down at the sleeping mortals. They were lucky, to be so peaceful in a time like this. Some of them, I noticed, were asleep next to another of opposite gender. Couples. They had love, one thing I could never have. Aphrodite and Cupid weren't going to make it easy for me.

Suddenly, I felt dizzy looking down at the mortals. My legs started shaking, and a few moments later, I collapsed on the marble floor.

-=+=-

I woke to the sound of beeping, the kind that the monitor in a hospital makes. Beep. I slowly opened my eyes to find a nurse at my side. I recognized her, Amelia. She had been my hospital nurse for two years, and still was.

"You're awake, Miss Meratyn." She greeted me. Amelia Patterson was not much older than me, maybe a year or two. I rubbed my eyes.

"Hey, Amelia. How'd I get her? Because I certainly don't remember dragging myself to the hospital."

Amelia looked at her nurses' clipboard. "Um, a guy in his early 20s carried you here, claiming you two were cousins. His name was Nate Fillion, and he paid the hospital bills and all." (A/N: Nathan Fillion is 40-something...)

I looked at her. "I don't have a cousin named Nate Fillion. I don't have a friend named Nate Fillion. Isn't he a Canadian movie star?"

Amelia pursed her lips. "Exactly. He looked like real guy, spoke like the real guy, dressed like the real guy. Is he perhaps...your boyfriend?"

"Of course not. I couldn't have a boyfriend, with, you know, the...heart trauma and all..."

I could tell Amelia felt sympathetic for me. I don't freaking need sympathy.

"You're an amazing person, Calla. You could have any guy that you wanted to have."

I kind of took it the wrong way, but didn't say anything. I just asked, "Is he here?"

"Yeah." Amelia said. "He's waiting outside. Wants to see you." I nodded. She went outside, the door still opened a crack, and whispered a few things to this so-called Nathan Fillion. Amelia poked her head in, and told me, "He's ready if you are." I nodded again.

Fillion walked in. Except this wasn't Nathan Fillion, it was Hermes. I don't know why I didn't notice that before. "Hi..." he muttered. Nathan-or Hermes-awkwardly shoved his hands in his pockets and sat on the chair next to me. "Wanted to say I was sorry."

I glared at him with a look of betrayal. "We all know how much the word of a god is worth." I laughed coldly.

Nathan/Hermes' eyes filled with guilt. "I didn't mean to. I..." he sighed. "I wasn't thinking." Looking at him, I realized how cute he looked when he was worried for me. Or, in this case, our relationship.

Shut up. I told myself. I really wanted to forgive him. But at the same time, how could I? He almost killed me. "Please, Calla." He whispered the next part: "I love you."

I was partially shocked. Only partially, because it was partially a lie. Gods can't love. He slowly reached for my hand, and I made no move to stop him.

If anything, I thought it was kind of romantic. But of course, Nate/Hermes interrupted it. "I guess you can go and decapitate monsters now!" He said cheerfully. I glared at him once more. "Really?" I asked. "And I was just starting to forgive you."

The smile faded from his face. He let go of my hand. Awkward, much? "I was kidding, idiot." I muttered.

"Oh." Nate/Hermes said happily again. Like I said, idiot. "So," I asked. "Do I call you Nathan or Hermes?"

He scratched his head. "Whatever you want, I guess. I actually am an actor." He grinned.

"Right", I said. Hermes-it's just easier to call him that-scooped me up and gave me a quick peck on the forehead. He set me on his shoulders and pointed at the door. "To the first floor!" He shouted, and for once in a few days, I actually laughed. For real.

Author's Note
=========================
I might not be updating for the next few months. Sorry. Anyways, until next time,

Save the world

Read fanfics

Ship Caleo

Fight monsters

Love ice cream

~DragonsOfIceCream