Hormones. *Cassidy*

“So where are you staying?” I asked Liam. We were sitting on my couch eating dinner that my mom had made us. My feet were outstretched into his lap and he was leaned into the arm rest with his plate resting on it. He finished chewing before looking at me to answer.

“I’m at a hotel, just outside of town. It was discrete and I figured it was the safest option.” My heart melted. I didn’t expect Liam and I do be in love, now or ever. But I didn’t like to think that he was hiding from the public. I understood wanting to keep the baby a secret, but he doesn’t have to keep me one. We’re just friends, who just happen to be having a baby.

“That’s good. Well are you coming back tomorrow? Or are you just going to hide out in your hotel room until Monday?” I had finished my dinner so I leaned forward putting my plate on the coffee table and sitting up straight up. I no longer wanted m feet in Liam’s lap. I mean, it was nothing against him. But we were getting a bit to cozy for having just met each other.

“Well I would really like to get to know you, but I’m pretty jet lagged.” It was the worst lie I had ever heard in my life. You would think someone in the public eye would be able to tell a better lie, I mean lying was something famous people were prone to. I wasn’t going to mention it to Liam, because it was his life. But I wanted him to be honest with me. If he was going to be part of this baby’s life he would have to be honest with me.

“Cass-” Liam must have seen my hurt expression. I tried to hide it by shaking my head and letting out a stupid laugh. Probably the fakest laugh I had ever tried to pull off. But how would Liam know it was fake? I was a one night stand. I wasn’t even sure that I had laughed at all that night.

“It’s fine Liam. Hormones, another pregnancy thing,” His face showed me he didn’t buy it one bit. He moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around me making me fall into his embrace. I wanted to resist his touch, because he didn’t want to be here. I couldn’t exactly blame him for not wanting to be here. I didn’t want to be going through this. So why would he want to?

He’s a nineteen year old male who was literally on top of the world. He was part of the biggest band ever and girls would kill to be in his presence. I wondered if they would kill to be in this place with him. Talking about a baby neither of you wanted nor planned for. Lying to him about their age, and trying their hardest to seem okay with it all.

How was I supposed to be okay though? Did everyone think that pregnancy was a walk in the park? I wasn’t even two months pregnant and I didn’t want to be here anymore, I wanted to be free of this burden. I loved this child of course, but how was I supposed to cope with this? The father of my baby doesn’t even know my last name.

“I’m so sorry I did this to you Cassidy, so sorry.” Liam whispered into my hair. I forgot for a moment that I was being held by him. He rocked us back and forth on my couch with his hands on my head. I wanted to look up and see him face, but I didn’t want him to see mine.

“You don’t have to do this Liam. You know that right?” I stood up now. I pushed his arms away from mine and stood up. That was a mistake, because I went light headed and had to sit back down. Liam looked surprised by my words. A bit taken aback too. Sure I felt bad, but he didn’t want to be here.

“What are you talking about? I want to be here, for my child.” Liam looked hurt now. So many emotions swept through his eyes in a minute. I didn’t want to be in this situation. It would be bad enough if I was just pregnant at sixteen. But I’m pregnant at sixteen with Liam’s baby.

“You don’t want to be here. Stop lying okay? If I wouldn’t have called you you would have never known that this baby was existing. I would have just been a one night hookup and you would have never thought of me again. You’re here because you’re guilty.” This time Liam stood up.

“You’re completely right Cassidy. I wouldn’t have ever thought of you again. I wouldn’t have known anything about you and that night would be whatever it was by itself. But guess what?-” He paused and took a deep breath. I watched him intently while his chest rose and fell on beat. Everything he did was magic. His breathing was even perfect. I didn’t deserve that. Liam went down on his knees and took my hands between his.

“This did happen. You did get pregnant and you are having a baby. You did call me Cassidy, and believe it or not I’m glad you did. No one wants to be the father who finds out in twenty years the mother never told him. I’m so glad you called me, because for the next eighteen years, I won’t just be Liam Payne of One Direction, I’ll be a father. I will have someone looking up to me, waiting for me to come see them.” Liam’s speak had him in tears, which broke my heart. This was never supposed to turn out like this. Everything was supposed to be simple. He would know about the baby and ask for me to get rid of it. I would refuse and take care of it by myself.

“We’re in this together,” He finished in a low whisper. I didn’t know how to react but I didn’t have too because my mom interrupted us. For once in my life I was glad that she did, because I wasn’t sure how to respond to something so serious.

“Liam will you be joining us for the night?” Liam looked at my mom and than looked back to me. I was waiting for his answer like you wait for the results to your favorite show, or a big test. I was nervous and it was like the suspense was building.

“I would love too.” He smiled at me and then to my mom before standing back up. I felt relieved. Liam was going to stay with me tonight, and that showed me maybe was a bit serious about this. Granted he did go through a lot to just prove to me that he was serious, but I would wake up to Liam there. He would either be by my side or out on the couch.

The next two days were going to revolve around my baby, our baby. Liam and I’s baby. Tomorrow we would spend all day talking about it, then Monday we would go to the OBGYN and see our baby. Scratch that. The next eighteen years would be about my baby. From right now June 23rd to somewhere in February I would be tied to doctors, and Liam. And then after that when the babies here, the years to follow, through everything from his tours to the times we live a cross sea, we’ll have to find away to get our child to and from each other.

I didn’t think Liam and I would ever be together because of this. I was just a rebound, which I had already gotten over in the last month. But now I was having his baby, even though this wasn’t a fairytale and we wouldn’t end up together in the end, I would always mean something to him. He would always mean something to me. No longer just because he was my favorite member of a band, but because part of him was inside of me, together we created one of the most important things in my life. So I would always care for him, because he was the father of my child.