Uncle Si. *Liam*

Liam’s POV

                “Okay explain,” The morning after Cassidy had left, the day I was to meet with management about her, I woke up to the whole group in my living room. I hadn’t showered or eaten, heck I was still in boxers. I sighed and sat down on my couch next to Zayn who was on his phone, of course Louis was the one who was standing with his hand on his hip. And people thought I was ‘Daddy Direction’ haha, I guess I was now.  

                “A couple months ago, when Danielle and I broke up, the night all of you insisted on taking me out,” I paused when I saw Harry grow uncomfortable remembering the night he basically drug me out of my flat to go to the club.

                “Well Cassidy was there, and I didn’t know she was underage, hence because she was in a club. but I knew she was American, and that her eyes reminded me of Danielle’s. So I took her home, and I was a little intoxicated, so I forgot the key thing to a one night hook-up.’

                “A condom?” Louis sassed back at me. I wanted to stand up for myself, but Louis was my elder, not by very much but he had taken on the role as the older brother of all of us. And He had the right to be disappointed in me.

                “Yes Lou, a condom, and a month later or so, Cassidy had texted me telling me. And that’s why I flew over to the states in such a hurry, I had to talk to her, and she had her first OBGYN appointment that Monday so I stayed a while longer, and now here we are.” I couldn’t make eye contact with any of the boys because I knew I had done wrong. I didn’t think they would disown me or hate me for the mistake, but it would be awkward for a quick second. I was never expected the one to have a one night stand and come out with a baby.

                “Wait Liam- She just randomly texted you telling you that you were going to be father, you hardly know this girl. Are you sure it’s even yours? I mean she was in a nightclub underage, what else is she lying about?” My stomach dropped and I filled with frustration. how could Louis even assume that?! What kind of girl did he take Cassidy as? When Louis sensed my sudden change in mood his face dropped and he tried to speak.

                “Lee, I’m sorry I didn’t me-“ I waved my arm at him telling him to shut up. I couldn’t even look his way, my eyes stayed planted on Zayn. How could Louis even think something like that, he may be older, but that didn’t mean he had the right to insult me or Cassidy.

                “You don’t know her so shut your mouth. She wouldn’t lie about something like that. I need you guys to leave so I can get ready, we have to be at the studio in an hour and then I have a meeting with Simon.” I stood and started to walk away but Zayn’s voice caught my attention.

                “If you want we can wait and we can all carpool,” I knew he already knew the answer but he was trying to clear the air. I turned around right before I was completely out of the living room.

                “No it’s fine, like I said I have a meeting after. See you there,” The ending of my voice seemed to trail to anger as I looked to Louis whose face showed nothing but regret. I couldn’t even process it in my brain that he could have said something like that.

After the awkward studio run-in with Louis I was in my car driving to Simon’s office. I knew I couldn’t stay mad at the lad forever, that it was just a slip of the mouth; however I could face him without anger boiling inside of me. All I wanted to do was get to Simon’s and talk to him about Cassidy. Then I wanted to get over with the interview tonight, and take an early plane to surprise Cassidy. I couldn’t be here without her, it felt to wrong.

“Ah Mr. Payne, Simon’s waiting for you, go right in.” I nodded my head in thanks at the receptionist and walked down the long white corridor to the glass door holding me from Simon. As soon as the door opened Simon’s glance flickered to me and he smiled.  

“Liam come in! I was so happy you called me, I haven’t been able to check on you boys in a while, I hope this is nothing bad.” It only took a second before Simon focused back onto the stack of papers in front of him. I huffed out a breath and took a seat in front of my boss.

“Define ‘bad’,” I raised an eyebrow at Simon who immediately set down hiss pen and looked scared. I didn’t mean to worry him, but was telling him my not even girlfriend was pregnant with my baby bad? Probably.

“Are you dying, is someone in the band dying?” Simon seemed a bit panicked. I smiled at him and shook my head as I watched him breathe out in relief.

                “Then what is it boy?” I couldn’t even come to terms with telling the man that practically owned my life that I was going to be a father. This brought a question to my brain, also a great way to start this conversation.

                “Why don’t you have kids uncle Si?” I saw him smirk at the pet name but then looked down at his desk almost in despair, I wondered if I had hit a nerve.

                “My job comes with lots of perks Liam, but I could never find time to settle down start a family. I’ll regret that forever, but I wouldn’t change my life for anything, I’m a happy man. And all of you kids are like my children.” I smiled at Simon. He was always there for us, no matter the struggle. And he always had a way to get us out of the trouble we were in.

                “Well, I met a girl Si, and she’s amazing, but we seem to have a slight problem.” I bit my lip and scratched the back of my head. This was harder than telling my parents. Oh! I hadn’t told my parents yet, this was so bad.

                “Oh yes! I have seen you with her in the magazines, she is beautiful Liam. She has a certain-glow- to her.”  I wanted to laugh. Yeah she had a glow, and a baby.

                “Well she is beautiful, and she is glowing. Si, she’s pregnant, and it’s my baby.” Simon’s head nearly snapped off his body as he looked at me, his eyes bugging with shock. However, I couldn’t help but smile at s I talked about Cassidy.

                “Well, uh, you’ll need to be there for her, and you can announce this pregnancy in your own time, I would hold it off until you have to, because the fans you know, if you need anything Li, you know I’m here for you. You take care of that girl,” Something in Simon’s voice worried me. It wasn’t like he was talking to only me, something else was bothering him, however, I couldn’t ask. That was way out of my reach. But as I left his office I watched him pick up his phone and dial a number.