The Bracelet. *Cassidy*

“What about this?” Savanna held up a magazine with baby supplies in it. She pointed to a light wooded crib that had engravings of teddy bears on it. I shook my head but smiled at her.  Baby shopping was going really well and considering we started school in just two days I needed my brain to relax.

                “Cassidy honey this was dropped off.” My mom opened my door and held a big box in her arms. But she wasn’t done she leaned out of my door and grabbed two more smaller boxes setting them on top of it, then one smaller one on top of all of that. And to top it off she grabbed a sack and set it on my bed. I pulled the opening back to reveal lots and lots of envelopes.

                “Was it this?” I asked looking at some of the envelopes. It was then I realized it was from One Direction fans. The thought of the band made me sick to my stomach because it had been a week and I hadn’t heard from Liam. I understood that he wasn’t going to be part of our daughter’s life but did he really need to flaunt his new relationship to the world?

                “I know it’s hard to think about him honey but we should probably go through it all, the fans actually care.” Lexy had a stack of letters in her hands going through the names on them. I bit my lip and looked at the boxes wondering what the fans could have sent me. I looked up at my mom who smiled sadly at me. She shrugged before kissing my forehead and finding her way out of my room.

                “Will you guys help me?” I looked at my four best friends. Savanna still had a magazine in her lap sitting criss crossed on my bed; Lexy was next to me with her legs folded under her and letters still in her hand. Chelsey sat on my floor looking at my boxes with a weird look on her face probably thinking the same thing I was. And Cheyenne was sitting on my rocking chair my mom had given me for the baby in the corner of my room with a teddy bear hugged to her chest and her legs like Savanna’s.

                “Of course we’ll help sweetie, anything for you two.” Lexy joked placing her hand on my stomach. She kicked back at Lexy’s touch making Lexy pull back in shock. I sighed and laughed a little at the shock written all over my best friend’s face. She had felt babies kick before and she had felt my daughter kick but she had never felt her kick because she talked and touched her.

                “She’s so friendly.” Chelsey laughed from the ground making everyone break into a fit. But the comment only made me think of Liam. He was so friendly and where as I was friendly too I was never as friendly as Liam. She must get it from him; I bet she’ll get a lot from her father. And I’ll be forced to see him in her as she grows up.

                “Aright here we go,” I tried to change the subject because I didn’t want to think about her father anymore. I thought maybe I shouldn’t say his name anymore, just call him ‘her father’ or on a bad day ‘the sperm donor’ which I had taken from my best friend, but I’m sure she wouldn’t mind.

                My hand reached into the letter back grabbing all of them out. I separated them into five piles so that the girls and I could each open a letter. I handed out the stacks when they were done and pushed the sack onto the ground. Savanna played music lowly off her phone and the process began. I was halfway through my pile of letters when my eyes started to hurt because there were so many words.

                Most of the letters were congratulating Liam and I and telling us that they wished us the best. However they didn’t know it was just me entering the baby’s life. I didn’t mind raising her alone; I just wished that her dad wanted to be here more than with his girlfriend. There were a couple hate mails but I didn’t let that get to me because I was too happy with the fact in just six months I would be holding my baby girl.

                “Awl look Cassidy!” Cheyenne randomly shouted making us all jump. It was clear we were all into the things we were reading but I looked up to see Cheyenne holding a bracelet. It was homemade and pink which was funny because we hadn’t released a statement saying it was a girl.

                “They say that when they had a baby, when they were sixteen they wore this every day. She wants you to have it.” I hadn’t realized that One Direction had older fans that often. But then again maybe this girl wasn’t older; maybe she was just like me and had a baby young.

                “Here,” The girls passed the bracelet around until it came to me and I carefully latched it around my small wrist. My eyes fluttered over to the boxes and I was starting to get anxious to know what the fans had sent me so I pushed my unread letters off of my lap and walked over to them and grabbing the scissors.

                I opened the smallest box first which contained a small onesie that was white and in green across the chest it read ‘I get it from momma,” which mad me giggle. I held it up to the girls who all looked at it like it was adorable, which it was. The two bigger boxes both had different outfits in them, both from the same person. One of the boxes held boy outfits and the other girls. And the largest box was a blanket set, I wouldn’t use it because it was for a boy, but I would probably save it. She could have it when she went to different places with me. Or when I was older and I had another baby, I would have a boy set.

                “I can’t believe the fans did all this,” I smiled looking at everything spread a crossed the room. I would put all the letters in a box or something to save them and I would use as much as I could of the stuff they sent me. As hard as I tried my mind went back to Liam.

                I wondered if he was getting stuff like this. What was he doing with it all? Would he give it to me? I mean if he wanted nothing to do with me then why would he keep it? Unless him and Danielle were planning to have a baby. And I felt my heartbreak at the thought. Would he really have a baby with her? Would he not help me raise our child but help her?

                “Hey the interview is starting!” Chelsey stood up and took off to my living room. I know we really shouldn’t torture ourselves with watching them on TV. I shouldn’t break my own heart watching the father of my daughter talk about his girlfriend, but I couldn’t help it.

                “And we’re on with One Direction!” The women with blonde hair yelled. Soon the five boys entered the stage. None of them looked as happy as they did the last time I saw them and when they sat down I saw that none of them really wanted to be by Liam. What had he done?