CH 3: Part of Konoha

"...Yeah pretty much, un," Deidara nodded. "I've been gone for two years and I don't really like what Tobi's doing. Also, I want to settle down, yeah."

Tsunade was staring at him, trying to detect a lie. But, info on the Akatsuki and what he said lined up. He had been missing for two years. But was that long enough for a change of heart?

"Where were you for the part two years...Deidara?"

"A place way different from here, un," he said this almost wistfully. "The people who helped me out there decided it was time to come back, yeah, so here I am," he shrugged. There was no way he'd give them the full truth unless he was accepted.

Tsunade realized this and thought it over. Here was an S-Rank criminal asking to be apart of the village. It'd certainly help the village out to have his...fire power, on their side.

"You'll be on probation for the first year and a half. No missions above B-Rank, and Anbu will watch you in irregular intervals. Do you still wish to become one of Konoha's?"

Deidara smiled. This was better than he hoped. "You got a deal, un."

"Good. Welcome Deidara, as a official Konoha shinobi. You will be placed at jounin level. And," her eyes gained a smug glint, "you'll be staying with Naruto."

Five seconds of complete silence.

Two voices were then heard throughout Konoha.

"WHAAAAT!?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A clothes, grocery, weapons, and furniture shopping trip later, Deidara and Naruto walked to the apartments together.

Things were awkward between the two blondes. Just walking proved that, from how tense they were.

They had a silent agreement that Deidara would be living in the apartment next to Naruto's.

Deidara was putting in his furniture when he heard Naruto speak for the first time since the morning.

"So, you really want to be a Konoha shinobi?"

Deidara paused and looked at him in shock. Seeing this Naruto pressed, "It just seems weird, 'ttebayo. I mean...you were Akatsuki."

Composing himself, Deidara replied with a simple, "I know, un."