CH:8 A Duo Becomes a Trio

Two nights ago was when Naruto had confronted the others about Deidara. Now he just ignored the rest of the Konoha Twelve. Except for Sakura that is. She had held in her opinion of Deidara since they had first met and she trusted Naruto's judgement. So now they were a trio. 

Deidara gave Sakura her own pokemon, after she discovered that they were well... there. It was a shiny Gallade he had happened upon one day. It never particularily liked him, but seemed to bond with Sakura immediately.

She was overjoyed with the idea of a partner for life. Deidara explained to her that Gallade will protect her with his own life, and uses his arms as swords. She was embarassed at that, as no man had every really been there for her before. 

She, along with Naruto, got to training with their pokemon. Sakura named Gallade, Tomoya, which means both friend and protector. They trained both with and against their pokemon, sometimes battling each other or having the other against their pokemon. It made sure that the pokemon were used to fighting shinobi, and that the trainer could work with their pokemon in an effective way.

Everyone had bumps, bruises and was singed, thanks to Kyuubi. The three trainers were glowing with happiness, walking to a dango resturant.

~Meanwhile~

Tsunade grinned. It would work out perfectly, and she'd have a versatile powerhouse group to send out for tough missions. She cackled and took a swig of her sake. 

They don't know what they're in for...

~Back to the Trio~

Naruto, Deidara, and Sakura all felt a shiver go down their spines at the same time. Wearily glancing at each other then at their surroundings, they entered the dango shop.

The only thought in all three's mind was: Why do I feel like I just got doomed for the sake of someone's amusement?