Chapter 19: McDonalds, Studios & Taylor Swift

(Two days later)

▫Payton▫

"Payton," someone whispers and I groan, rolling over to face the other side. "Payton!" they whisper again and shake my shoulders, causing me to wake up. I turn around and see Taylor, standing beside me excitedly. "We have to go to the studio!" she whispers and I sigh. I quickly look at the clock and then go back under the covers.

"Tay, it's one in the morning," I groan and she laughs her little Tinkerbell laugh. "No one's even gonna be there," I tell her and I can tell that she's shaking her head.

"I highly doubt that. There's gonna be some people there," she says, and then drags me out of bed. "Put on something warm, it's kinda cold and rainy outside. Meet me downstairs in ten!" she says and then quickly walks out of my room, closing the door behind her. I roll my eyes and stand up, going over to my closet. I pull out a pair of black leggings and a plain white oversize pullover. I then change into those and toss my pajamas on my bed, tying my hair into a high ponytail. After that, I grab my phone off my dresser and head downstairs, seeing Taylor sitting at the door petting Meredith, her cat. 

"I'm up at one in the morning, Taylor. Let's get to the studio," I say and Taylor smiles,getting up and grabbing her keys while I put on a pair of white Converse sneakers. We then, silently, leave the house, lock the door and head to the car. We slide in and the moment we both have a our seatbelts on, Taylor starts driving.

"We're going to McDonald's first," Taylor states and I nod my head, not bothering to suggest some other place because really, McDonalds is the only place around here that's open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Anyway, Taylor turns on the radio and starts singing along to the song that was playing on the radio, while I take selfies. "Unless I'm in them, stop taking selfies," Taylor laughs and I shake my head.

"You're not the boss of me!" I say and continue taking my selfies, Taylor was in the background of a couple of them but whatever the focus in the pictures was still me. "Are we at McDonalds yet?" I ask and just as Taylor's about to answer, my phone rings. I check to see the name, but it's just the phone number of whoever is calling, so I answer, just in case it's a friend who got their number changed.

"Payton it's Austin," they say and I laugh.

"Swift or Mahone?"

"Mahone."

I laugh again and rest my head against the window. "Hey sweetie, how are you?" I ask jokingly, mocking him for all the times he used to say that to me.

"Ha ha you're hilarious," he says and I laugh once more.

"I know, it's a gift."

"Are you busy right now?"

I shake my head, but then remember that he can't see me, so I answer him using my words. "Austin it's one in the morning what could I possibly be doing? Well, actually, I'd like to be sleeping but Taylor woke me up so that she could take me to the studio for some reason," I say and glare at my sister, who just laughs at me and pulls up to the McDonalds drive through ... and there's quite a few cars there. Why are there people awake right now? Did their famous country-pop star sister force them out of their beds too?

"Great! I'm at a studio too," Austin tells me and I laugh. Seriously, what's with me and all this laughing?

"You're in Nashville?"

"Yeah."

"What studio?" I ask and Austin sighs. "Here's an easier question, was there a woman named Claudia at the front desk thing?" I ask and I get another sigh from Austin.