Chapter 33: IHOP & the Believe tour

// September 28, 2012 //
(night before first Believe concert)

- Payton -

While everyone else was out at dinner, Pattie - who decided to join us for the first month or so of touring - and I were sorting out Justin's stuff so that he was ready for the next morning ... honestly, it feels like we're looking after a child! I'm always setting up his stuff, making sure he gets ready, making sure that he's eaten somewhat of a breakfast, I should be getting paid extra for this to be honest. Anyway, as we would sort out the items on the floor of the hotel room, Pattie and I would talk about any topic that came to mind - mainly she was giving me advice about my relationship with Niall.

"By the way," she said, as I put most of Justin's clothes back into one of his four suitcases, "Justin's very happy about being friends with you again. He really missed you, Payton," Pattie confesses to me and I smile a little.

"I missed being friends with him. Justin's so much fun to be around and you and the rest of his family are wonderful as well," I state and Pattie laughs. We continue to talk about mine and Justin's friendship, and I found out a couple things about his relationship with Selena as well.

"How's he doing with the news about Avalanna?" asks Pattie and I shake my head.

"He cried for a couple hours when he found out about her passing away. Justin really loved Avalanna and I know it broke his heart a bit because he thought she was getting better ... he was so excited to have her at the show tomorrow,' I say quietly, my voice cracking at times. "Justin's okay now though, he's going to dedicate One Less Lonely Girl to Avalanna at tomorrow's show. I bet everyone will be in tears."

Pattie sighs. "I bet he's just happy to have you around now. You're so great to him."

I give Pattie a quick side hug before I stand up. "I'm gonna call Taylor. I need to make sure she's still planning on coming to one of the L.A shows," I explain and Pattie nods her head, starting to close up the suitcases as I walk out of the hotel room and into the hallway, waiting for Taylor to pick up the phone.

"Hey Payton!" a happy voice says and I laugh.

"Hey Taylor!"

Taylor laughs along with me this time and I actually cannot help but think that she's somewhat drunk. "What are you calling for? Is everything ok? How's everyone?" she keeps firing off questions and I can barely answer any of them.

"Taylor I just called to make sure that you're still coming to one of the shows in L.A," I tell her and she starts giggling.

"Of course! I'll go to both because both concerts are on my days off. Put down Ariana's name for the second night as well as mine, I need to introduce her to Justin!"

We both laugh and I make a quick mental note to add Ariana's name to our lists of guests for each of the shows - we try to keep ourselves somewhat organized. Anyway, I continue to talk to Taylor. We talk about her album and she plays me two of the tracks that have been added to the album - the songs were amazing and I'm not just saying that because I'm her sister. They really are wonderful songs.

"Alright," Taylor says, adding a yawn. "I think I'm gonna have a nap. I'll talk to you tomorrow, love you little one."

I laugh at the name she gave me. "Bye Taylor, love you too," I tell her and then we both hang up. After she comes to the Los Angeles shows, I won't be seeing her until December, which is upsetting but when I get to see her again we'll have new things to talk about so it's not all bad.

***

The next morning, everyone was up early. Although we were all quite tired after two weeks of tight schedules and pretty much non-stop rehearsals, every single person on the team was filled with excitement. Tonight was the night we had been preparing for ... the first night of the Believe tour. Out of everyone, Justin was thrilled. This was the first time we'd all seen him filled with genuine happiness in weeks, and his happiness just made the rest of us feel even better.

"Payton?" Justin asks, and I see him peek out from his little hiding place under the blankets of his bed. I laugh and then sit down on the floor right next to his bed, waiting for him to speak. "Do you wanna go to breakfast with me? It's not like a date or anything, we just haven't hung out in weeks because of rehearsals," he explains and I nod my head.

"Put on some clothes and then we'll go," I tell him and then Justin jumps out of the bed.

"I'm already dressed," Justin states proudly while doing a super-hero type pose. "I knew you'd agree to it," he smiles, helping me up from the ground.

"So where exactly are we going to eat?"

Justin shrugs. "What sounds better to you," he starts while shoving his phone in one of his jeans pockets and his wallet in another, "Starbucks or IHOP?" he asks and I pause, thoroughly thinking this decision through.

"IHOP sounds great."

"Then off to IHOP we shall go! Moshe is gonna drive us there and then pick us up. It's fairly early though so I'm sure that there won't be any fans out looking for me or you or any of the crew," he chuckles and I smile at him, making sure my phone was in my pocket as I walk out of his hotel room.

After the short drive and a couple short encounters with Justin's fans, we were seated in a nice booth at IHOP. Mainly older people were in the restaurant, but there were a few younger couples here and there. Justin and I were both scrolling through our Twitter feeds, a little to tired to speak. So, I took a picture of him and posted it to Twitter.

@paytonswift: at ihop with @justinbieber :) first concert tonight so we're celebrating!

I look up from my phone just in time to see him glaring at me.

"Why did you take a picture of me?"

"Because you look nice?"

He laughs and then takes a picture of me ... which makes us do a little photo-taking war. It goes on for a couple minutes, our waitress' cough interrupting it.

"What do you want to order?" she asks and Justin motions for me to order. Why do I always have to order first? But anyway, I give her my order and then the waitress looks at Justin, who just says "I'll have what she's having," and gives her his charming smile before she takes our menus and walks away from the table.

"You have to be kidding me," I say, shaking my head at Justin.

"I didn't feel like anything else, and what you ordered sounded good," he smiles, trying to make me less mad at him.

I shake my head once more. "You always copy my orders."

Justin chuckles. "Well next time don't get something I like," he smirks, resting his chin on the palm of his hand. I roll my eyes at him and go back to scrolling through Twitter.

"You're an ass," I mutter, and my statement makes him laugh. I roll my eyes once more and start to ignore him - if you ignore Justin he gets frustrated and it's a great time. After about ten minutes of being ignored, Justin gets frustrated and becomes quiet. "I knew that would work."

He rolls his eyes at me and I smirk.

"You're a great friend," he says, sarcasm practically dripping from his words. I laugh and stick my tongue out at him, which makes the both of us laugh really hard for no particular reason. "You're the greatest Payton," Justin smiles and I smile back.

After our lovely little breakfast at the International House of Pancakes, Justin and I took a short walk to where we were to meet Moshe, talking about the food and just talking about random things ... just like we used to.

"How are things with you and Selena?" I ask him, as we slid into the backseat of the black sports car. He shrugs and closes the door, resting his head on my shoulder as Moshe starts to drive us back to the hotel.

"I don't know. I don't wanna be with her anymore, but I don't want to be alone," he confesses and I watch as he keeps his gaze locked in front of him.

"Aw Justin, you're not alone. You've got your family, your friends, your team and me! You don't need a girlfriend to be happy you little freak," I laugh, running a hand through his hair. He sighs and then lies down on my lap, obviously quite tired from all the stress and late nights at the dance studios.

"Do you think they'll like the show tonight?"

"I think they'll love your show tonight. Your fans are amazing people, they'll love you through everything, I promise."

"I hope they love the show. I want everything to be perfect for my Beliebers."

I sigh and get him to sit back up as Moshe pulls up to the back parking lot of the hotel.

"You're such a cutie, Justin. Your Beliebers are lucky to have you."

Justin looks at me and smiles.

"I'm lucky to have them. I'd do anything for my Beliebers."

I laugh and when Moshe opens our door, I help Justin out of the car. I hold onto his wrist so that the tired boy doesn't fall to the ground ... kind of a bad move on my part.

Paparazzi.

They popped out of the hiding places and started snapping photos, yelling some absolutely derogatory things that were directed towards both me and Justin. The paps started getting closer to us and their comments seemed to upset him, so his arm found his way around my waist. He tightly held on to me, as if I was a paper doll that would get blown away by the wind. We follow Moshe and Justin's other bodyguard Dustin - who must've been called down to help us - and as we walked, a lot of the comments started being directed towards me.

His grip on my got tighter and I think I was starting to lose circulation.

"Just keep your head down. Don't let them get to you," Dustin says to me and I give him a smile. Dustin's a nice guy, and a really good bodyguard. I think Justin should really keep him around.

Anyway, once we are safely in the hotel, we're greeted by Scooter and Pattie.

"You made it! I saw the paps surrounding you two and got worried," Pattie says, giving Justin and I multiple hugs - she also checked to make sure that Justin wasn't bruised or anything. It was funny to watch to be honest.

"Justin you've got an interview to get to and then we're going to get everything on the buses and head the the arena. Go upstairs and get ready, you've got twenty minutes," Scooter says hurriedly, as if the world will end if Justin doesn't get there on time.

"Alright. I'll meet you up there," he tells his mom and Scooter, and just stands with me while we watch the other two head to the elevators. Justin then turns to me and wraps me in a giant hug.

"Can you come with me to my interview? Scooter's sometimes a little nicer when you're around," whispers Justin. I laugh and tightly hug him back.

"You know I can't. I have some work to do for your show tonight."

"I'm sure you can stay with me for half an hour."

I pull out of our hug and give him a look. "I can't, Justin," I tell him and he gives me the puppy dog look.

"I'll see you when you get to the arena."

----

Omg one chapter & the epilogue left :(
Thank you guys for everything you've done for me and this story! I really appreciate it.

Anywayyy I love you guys so much! Never forget that :')

xoxo
sophia

QUESTION: what has been your favourite moment from this story? let me know in the comments!

for an early update: 300 reads, 50 votes and 20 comments! i know y'all can do it <3