Chapter 6: My sister and my brother are my best friends.

▫Payton▫

"Please welcome, Payton Swift!" David Letterman introduces and I walk out onto the set, giving him a hug before sitting down on one of the chairs. As the live audience starts to quiet down, I start getting interviewed. "So Payton," David says and I smile, resting my chin on the palms of my hands.

"That's me," I say with a small smile on my face and the audience laughs. "Why am I here today, sir?" I ask and Letterman chuckles, probably wondering why I just called him "sir".

"How's everything going? Anything interesting happen since you were last here with Taylor?" asks David and I scratch the back of my neck, looking away from all the eyes that were staring me down. "Is there something you're hiding from us, Payton?" David questions and I blush, shaking my head "no".

"I'm not hiding anything, sir," I say and the audience laughs ... I don't know why though, I didn't say anything funny at all. "I simply hang out with my sister, hang out with friends, work on stuff and go to school," I smile and give the audience two thumbs up, causing them to laugh once more.

"Speaking of school, how's that going for you?"

I take a moment to think of what to say ... I'm no good at interviews, to be honest. "School's been going pretty well, Letterman. I'm at my last month of school and I'm really excited for prom!" I giggle and play with the end of my navy blue skirt, waiting to be asked another question.

"What are your plans for after high school?" he asks and I shrug.

"I was thinking of working on a close friend's tour, because the music business is pretty interesting."

"So, you're planning on joining your sister in the music industry?" As the question is asked, I quickly shake my head no.

"I'd rather not be in that industry, to be honest," I start and the room goes quiet. "Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be a singer, but I'd like to take a shot at acting or modelling or even both!" I explain and David nods his head, slowly understanding what I'm saying.

"Anyway, let's move on to something else."

"What would that be?"

"How about a rapid fire question round?" he suggests and I nod my head, willing to go along with that. "Alright, who is your best friend?"

"My sister and my brother."

"What's something you're working on right now?"

"An album with all the songs either written or co-written by me and a small role on a TV show."

"Are you dating Justin Bieber?"

And I respond without thinking. "Yes," I answer and then once I realized, what I've said, I immediately place my right hand over my mouth, and I start blushing like crazy. "Did I say that out loud?" I laugh and then everyone else starts laughing along with me.

***

"I was so embarrassed!" I laugh as Justin and I walk out of the building where our meeting with Scooter and Usher was just held. As we walked to the car, I noticed that Justin was acting a little weird. I tried to get closer to him, but every time I attempted to he would just move a little bit away ... kind of upsetting me because I thought that couples were supposed to be close to each other, both physically and emotionally. "Justin, are you okay?" I ask and he looks at me, a confused expression on his face.

"What are you talking about? I'm fine," says Justin as he gives me a small smile, trying to re-assure me that he's feeling okay.

I sigh and stop walking, my left hand grabbing on to his right arm, which caused Justin to stop as well. "Are you sure about that, babe? You seem a little off..." I say and Justin pulls his arm out of my grip. I look at him all confused, trying to figure out what was going on. "You know you can tell me anything."

Justin looks right in my eyes and, while he takes a deep breath, starts to talk. "I know that, Payton. I'm just stressed, you know, with my album being released soon and everything ... it's overwhelming."

"Justin, I-" I start to speak, but I'm interrupted because Justin had pressed his lips onto mine, kissing me passionately while he wrapped his arms around my torso. Smiling, I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back. Quickly, Justin deepens the kiss and I'm reminded of our make-out session the week earlier. Anyway, I run my hands through his hair, all these emotions stirring up inside me. The love, the lust ... each and every emotion related to young love. You name it, I was feeling it. A few minutes later, Justin pulled away and I pouted, not wanting it to end at all.

"Payton, is it true that you're using Justin for fame? Is it true that you two are getting married the moment Payton turns eight-teen? Justin, did you propose to Payton?!?!" Paparazzi, which I didn't realize were there, started swarming us. They were shouting questions, a couple of the questions being repeated multiple times. Justin held me close to him, one arm wrapped around my waist and he used the other as a boundary for the paps who weren't giving us enough space to move. Slowly, we made it into the car, and as soon as Justin had shut the door, the driver started driving.

"The paps are crazy," Justin whispers to me, as flashes keep going off. The voices are muffled, but you can still make-out the questions they were asking.

"It's ridiculous," I say and move in closer to him ... but Justin just moves away from me. I'm confused, so I just move back to my spot.

What's up with him?

---

Hey guys!

So I had an English exam on Friday (( yesterday )) & it was so easy! Haha, but yeah I have an exam on Monday for French and an exam on Tuesday for Geography. I've been studying a lot so sorry for not being on very much!

I'm sorry that this is short, but I wrote it before I went for my exam yesterday.

I love you guys so much!

Make sure you vote & comment.

- Sophie. x