Chapter 20: Texts, Tears & GNO plans

▫Payton▫

At around six in the morning, Taylor and I left the studio and went back home. Taylor went back to bed and I stayed in the living room, the really comfy couch keeping me calm as I thought about my love life and what a complete mess it was.

There was Justin ... and there was Austin. Two of the sweetest, cutest and truly talented boys I have ever met. They both like me and the problem is I really have no idea who I like. I mean I do love Justin but we've had a lot of problems that were never really solved, but with Austin, we've always been happy. I've also been really happy with Justin and he's treated me like a princess ... I don't think there is any other guy who would treat me like that. I had been so lost in my thoughts that I hadn't realized that I had been crying until I felt a couple fall onto the back of my right hand.

"Why can't I just not know these boys? None of this would have ever happened if I had just never fallen for Justin and if I had never become close with Austin!" I say to myself, startling Meredith and starting to cry more.

Why am I even crying this is so dumb. I'm so freaking dumb! I've messed this all up now I can't believe this, I think to myself, wiping away my tears and picking up my phone. I press on Justin's name in messages and when our conversation with our previous messages pops up, I start typing my message to him.

We need to talk.

As soon as I hit send, a little bubble comes up and lets me know that Justin is typing. Why is he up so early? It's three in the morning in Los Angeles, he should be sleeping. Anyway, I look down at my phone and see that Justin's sent me a text.

I know what you're gonna say, Payton. But please, can we not end it this way?

Confused, I type and send my reply.

What do you mean?

A moment later, he's sent me another message.

From: Justin
We're better off as friends and we both realize this. But we're both growing up now, so I think the mature way is to officially end it in person. We can break up over text, but we can officially be broken up the next time we see each other ... does any of this make sense?

To: Justin
It makes sense. I agree w/ everything that you're saying & I miss when we were just friends and everything was simple. We really need to go back to that.

From: Justin
So this is it then, huh? Our time as "Jayton" was fun, Payton ... but I really can't wait to be your best friend again. :)

I laugh at his message. He always knows what to say to make me feel better.

To: Justin
Yeah, this is it. It was fun but I really can't wait to be best friends again. It was so much more ... simple. I'll text you later, you need to sleep.

From: Justin
Yeah. Goodnight I guess & I'll see you soon. :)

I sigh and lock my phone, placing it nicely on the coffee table. I then lie down on the couch and wrap myself in blankets, putting on Disney channel and settle in while the little kids show currently on air runs on in the background. I was really paying more attention to my thoughts than the show ... I was really trying to figure out what I was going to do with Austin. Eh, I'll figure out later ... right now I just really want to take a nap ...

***

When I opened my eyes again, my gaze immediately landed on the clock on the wall. It read half past twelve, meaning that I had slept for a good six hours or so ... to be honest, I really have no idea.