21: Houston We Are Go for the Concert

A/N: Ahaheartbahbay just made me a slew of new banners to put on my chapter sidebars. Thank you sooooooo much. Me likey. You are AWESOME.

If you want to see the other banners just look at the previous chapters. 

Announcement: I'm opening up a competition. I want to see what you guys think the other characters are thinking. I want to see a chapter (it can be a retelling of a previous chapter, or you can write what you think will happen) from someone else's perspective.

The prizes for whoever wins this competition are: I will read one of your entire works, leave feedback on every chapter, dedicate my next chapter to you, fan you, and tell all my fans to go read your work(s).

To enter you must:

1) Write a chapter from any POV besides Jade's

2)Dedicate the chap to me so I'll see it, and go read it.

4) Deadline is Wenesday August 24. Can't wait to see what you guys write!

As always, vote, comment, and fan if you like this.

“Abe I think I might know of a way you can figure out what happened with your uncle.”

“What? How could you help? And don’t change the subject, Jade. I know what you’re doing.”

“I really do think I can help you. I need to show you something.”

Abe scrutinized me, to see if I was just evading his question. His face settled into a cautiously curious expression.

“I swear I haven’t read it yet, though. Just so you know.”

So I led him from my room, toward the master suite and the details of a life that a traumatized, and grief stricken, six year old boy wouldn’t have understood, or remembered.

Chapter 21: Houston We Are Go for the Concert

“Please! For the love of my sanity, turn it!”

“Quit complaining Landon,” Millie said from the seat next to him. “Aren’t you the one who asked to come? This is what you’ll be listening to for the rest of the night, so get over it.”

She met my eyes in the side view mirror, smirking as Landon’s face changed to a rose petal pink. We returned to our singing. Within the last forty-eight hours, we’d nearly mastered the lyrics. I barely had to refer to the words on my phone screen.

“I will never say never!” We chorused together.

“I will fight till forever!”

Anton sped up his black Escalade, racing past the other cars on the Westpark Tollway.

“Whenever you knock me down.”

He zoomed through the toll booths in the EZ Tag lane. And he most certainly did not have an EZ Tag.

“I will not stay on the ground.”

We swerved around a slower moving vehicle.

“And never say ne—”

Anton unplugged Millie’s iPod before we could finish the phrase. Four sets of dagger eyes were turned upon him when our singing suddenly became a cappella. The three guys in the back two rows began a round of applause—for Anton, not us—breaking apart the sudden quiet that enveloped Ant’s Escalade.

“Like you said,” Ant spoke to Millie, before doing a tire screeching lane change. “We’ll be listening to it all night. No reason to do so before we have to.”