☆ Chapter 21 ☆

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OVER THE EDGE READERS

THANK YOU FOR READING~ I LOVE YOU GUYS AND YOUR COMMENTS

~Unedited~

"Hey, Babe." Danny said as he entered Whitney's apartment. He left a faint kiss on my cheek as he passed, causing me to swoon slightly. "I brought coffee." He lifted the cup at me before settling himself in at the counter.

"Thanks." I smiled at him, lifting the delicious mixture to my lips. I don't know how he did it, but the coffee he made me was always suited perfectly for my mood.

He nodded before guzzling down the remainder of his coffee. "How's the job search going?"

"Terribly." I said honestly, shaking my head before taking Danny's empty cup and tossing it in the trash. "All of the fast food places around here have a full staff and no respectable places are going to hire a girl without a high school degree."

"That sucks." I suddenly felt his arms wrap themselves around my waist, his lips against my neck. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

I felt myself melt into his touch. It was amazing, the way he lightened my mood with a wave of his hand. As if merely his presence was enough to keep me going.

I shook my head in response to his question. "The cafe isn't hiring. There's really nothing I can do without a degree."

"Make YouTube videos?" He offered, his chin resting on my shoulder. I squirmed a bit as his hair tickled the nape of my neck. "Paul and I's fans are really supportive. I'm sure some of them would be willing to check you out?"

I shook my head again. "I don't want to put myself in that sort of spotlight. I don't want to walk down a street and have people know my name. You know?"

Danny's shoulders brushed across my back as he shrugged. "Then why don't you get your GED? Go to college?"

"You want me to go back to school?" I turned suddenly, his head slipping from its resting place on my shoulder. This conversation was beginning to go to a place I'd been less than a week ago when my mom dropped by.

He shrugged again. "If that's what makes you happy, then yeah. I want you to be happy, Cas. You know that."

"I quit school for a reason, Danny."

"I'm just trying to help."

I did my best to look into his eyes, to search them and figure what exactly was happening. Was he actually suggesting I go back to school? Did this put him on the same side as my dreaded mother?

"Well, what about us?" I asked, looking down.

"What about us?"

"Don't you realize what me going to school would do to this relationship? To everything we've been building up over the past few months? Everything you've helped me through?"

Danny grabbed my shoulders, lifting my chin with one hand. "You going to college wouldn't change anything about us, Cas. I swear it. I think I-" He shook his head, as if removing the thought from his mind. "I have strong feelings for you, and you have strong feelings for me. College wouldn't change that."

I sniffled a bit. Damn. I hadn't even realized I'd been crying. "Are you sure?"

Maybe I just needed the reassurance. Maybe I was on a line and nearly needed to be pushed across. Maybe I trusted in Danny enough that his words would change my thoughts on the idea. When his mouth moved, the word "yes," slipping from his lips, my heart seemed to raise to cloud nine.

But what goes up must come down.

☆ ☆ ☆

"Hey again, dad." I smiled, hugging him. "Thanks for coming all the way back down here."

He smiled back at me, twice as wide. I'm fairly certain I got my smile from him- after all, sometimes I wasn't even sure that my mom knew how to smile anymore. "My pleasure, kid. Now, you had a response to your mother and I's proposition?"

"Yeah." I gestured him into the room, allowing him to take his place on Whitney's sofa. It's a good thing that my best friend was scheduled to work today. I hadn't even mentioned my dad would be visiting today. "Sorry I couldn't drive up there. I don't exactly have a license, nevertheless a car."

He chuckled lightly. "It's fine. If you're planning on going to college, I'll help pay for a car and putting you through Driver's Ed. I'd want you to have the full college experience."

I resisted the urge to mention frat parties and booze. "Thanks so much, Dad. It means a lot that you guys are willing to do this for me."

"It's no problem, kid. After all, it was your mother's idea." Go figure. "But I supported it immediately, of course. What parent doesn't want to see their kid succeed in life?"

I nodded. That was enough chit-chat on the subject. We needed to get to the details before Whitney made her surprise appearance. I don't think she'd completely support me as far as going to college on my parent's money went.

"So, what were you guys thinking?"

"Well, we'd like to enroll you for fall semester. Between now and then, we'd have you get your driver's license, get your GED, and even..." He paused, looking up at me as if watching my reaction carefully. "I mean, if you want to, and you're still having issues with your emotions, your mother and I would like to support you with therapy."

Of course, by "your mother and I," he meant the idea was formed in my mom's mind. Which meant he supported it. Which meant I was supposed to support it, too.

I shook my head. "I'm not sure that therapy would really help me right now. I mean, I'm in a pretty good place right now. Other than the lack-of-formal-schooling, of course."

He chuckled at that. "Of course, that's not a necessity. It's always there if you need it. Your mother and I just want you to be happy."

"Of course." I stood from my place across from him, making a move towards the door so he might get the hint. "If that's all-"

"Well, there's one other thing I should probably inform you of."

"What's that?"

"I- Well, your mother and I, think it's probably best if you go to college somewhere out of state."

☆ ☆ ☆

(a/n)

Thanks for reading~ Don't forget to vote, comment and follow :)

QOTC: Out of state? Why do you think her parents want her out of state? Do you think she'll accept their offer?

If she does, what do you think that'll mean for her and Danny's relationship?

And as I said before, happy one year anniversary :)

~Stay Amazing~

xoxo, InsomniaWriting