☆ Chapter 3 ☆

(Danny's PoV)

I was still in the café. Twelve hour shifts were hard to come by, and yet here I was, serving coffee to college kids and old folk. Of course, I could always use the money. I had to pay my half of the rent.

The day was pretty average overall, other than that girl who'd made an appearance early this morning. It was the normal crowd, a few regulars stopping by here and there. The weather was sunny. Uneventful. Boring.

"Excuse me?"

I turned from the counter I was wiping down to see the girl from this morning. She seemed to be wearing clothes similar to before, though her jacket was missing.

"Hi." I said, giving her the cheekiest smile I could muster. "What would you like?"

"What do you suggest?" She asked with a yawn. Her eyes didn't seem to recognize me, despite the fact that we were following the same routine as the morning.

"I like my coffee black." I reminded her. "But you already know that."

She gave me a questioning look.

"What do you mean?"

"You were here earlier this morning?" I told her, though it came out as more of a question than a statement. What if she had a twin sister or something? That'd be awkward.

"Just another thing I don't remember." She muttered under her breath. "Great."

"So do you want your coffee the same as this morning, or...?"

"Sure, sure. Whatever." She said, looking down and biting her lip as though she was embarrassed. I would be, too, if I were her. She was cute when she was nervous, anyway.

"Here." I told her once the coffee was done, handing it over.

"Thanks." She whispered. She sat over by the window, glancing outside. Luckily, it gave me a better view of her. She had curly brown hair, with brown eyes to match. Her legs were long and athletic-looking, which was fitting since I'm pretty sure she was almost as tall as me. To be honest, if her eyes were blue like mine, we could probably be mistaken for siblings.

As soon as my shift had ended, I made my way over to where the girl sat. I sat across from her in the booth. Her eyes met me with a cold look.

"I don't believe I caught your name this morning." I told her.

"And if you told me your's, I don't remember."

"Ouch." I pretended to be hurt, holding my hand over my heart. "You don't remember me."

"I don't remember much of this morning, to be honest." She looked out the window with sad eyes.

"Well, I'm Danny. Danny Edge."

"Good for you." She took a sip of her coffee; by the sound of it, it was almost gone. If I wanted to make a move, then I had to make it quick.

"I was wondering if you'd wanna-"

"Sure." She said, cutting me off and drinking the rest of her coffee. "I don't have anything better to do."

"I don't mind being a last resort." I told her as she stood up. "Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere. Just don't expect much."

☆ ☆ ☆

(a/n)

A double update just for you guys :)

Just putting this out there- in this fanfic there are a few differences in their timeline. Danny and Paul are just now making YouTube videos, instead of when they were younger, like irl. Just saying :) 

As always, thanks so much for reading another chapter of my story~ Stay tuned, add this story to your library, and follow for any future updates~! And, of course, I appreciate all comments and constructive criticism~

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm fixing to post Luke Hemmings Fanfic called "Not in Love." I work just as hard on that one as I do this one. Just putting that out there cx 

~Stay amazing~

xoxo, InsomniaWriting