☆ Chapter 2 ☆

Chapter Two

I didn't want to get up. It was almost as though my eyes were glued shut. Any attempt to open them was relinquished by the light burning in through my window. When I finally convinced myself to sit up, I realized I was only wearing my jacket.

You idiot, I thought to myself. Peeling the jacket off, I sighed at the sight of my stained clothing lying on the floor. I could smell it's stench from here- I had gone overboard again. Crap.

I did my best to replay the events of last night in my mind, to no avail. It was like someone had wiped my brain, leaving me with questions about my whereabouts. All I seemed to know was that I suddenly had a pounding headache.

Glancing around the room, I noticed an empty coffee cup at my feet. Strangely enough, I don't quite remember drinking any sort of coffee last night. The cup read "JavaWocky Cafe." Great- another mystery for me to figure out.

I made my way over to my closet, sighing as I noticed most of my clothes were messily strewn across the floor instead of being neatly hung up. I desperately needed to do some laundry. Honestly, though, I never seemed to get to it. Good thing no one ever bothered to come over anyway.

Luckily, I had enough clothes to suffice. I dressed myself in dark jeans, a gray t-shirt, and some black high tops. While it may seem a dark outfit overall, it was comfortable and didn't attract too much attention. Just the way I liked it.

Tanden was watching TV in the living room when I walked in. Unfortunately, he had arranged the furniture in a way that forced me to walk past him any time I wanted to go to the kitchen or front door. I'm pretty sure it was his way of keeping tabs on me.

"Where were you last night?" He stood, blocking the entrance to the kitchen. I tried to sidestep him, but he moved with me.

"I don't know." I told him, massaging my temples with my hands. My head was still aching and Tanden's interrogation wasn't helping. Not to mention how moody I became when I had a headache.

"Don't give me that crap." He told me, grabbing my wrists in one of his large hands in a way that made me look at him. His blue eyes were filled with a mixture of sadness and anger. It was a look I was slowly growing used to.

Suddenly, his nose crinkled and his eyes grew wider.

"Damn it, Cassie." He scowled. "Were you drinking again?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." I told him, looking away. I always got like this when I was hurt or upset; sarcastic and rude. It was a defense mechanism. Hurt them before they can hurt you.

"Well, you smell like you spilled beer on yourself." He dropped my hands, running his fingers through his hair. "You idiot!"

The sudden outburst startled me, causing me to step back. I can't say that I've ever been scared of my brother before this point. Now, though, I was terrified.

"Go." He told me. "I need to calm down."

This was a first. I left, tears coming to my eyes before I had a chance to stifle them. After spraying myself with perfume, I slammed the front door closed behind me. Now, I was out and about in the world, alone.

And this time, I'd forgotten my jacket.

☆ ☆ ☆

(a/n) Thanks to all of you who have decided to keep reading my little fanfic ^-^ I'll update again soon~ Just remember to leave comments telling me what you think, and constructive criticism~! Much appreciated :)

Also, I'd love if you'd give me a vote or two... It helps others notice my story lol cx even if you don't, I'm writing this story for those who do read it so your reads are appreciated :)

I was thinking about making a playlist for this story, too. If you have any ideas, just comment them here :) thanks in advance~

xoxo, InsomniaWriting