Chapter Eleven; Diggy

"Babe, I've been in a million hotels in California, and none of them have looked like this." I spun around the room while on facetime with Courtney. "Is it really that nice?" I nodded and ran to the bathroom. "Babe. Look. At. This. Sink." I showed her the huge square sink in the bathroom. She laughed. "It's just a sink, baby." I switched the camera and showed her my face. "It's not just a sink." She laughed more. "Diggy, you're a mess." I chuckled while walking back to my bed. I plopped down on my bed. "Buuuuut, you love me." I smiled brightly and she blushed. "More than anything." I felt my cheeks starting to flush as I yawned. "Love you too baby." She laid back on her bed and fluffed out her hair. "You wanna get some rest and call me later?" I sighed. "I actually can't. I gotta be at the studio in an hour." She frowned. "Oh, okay. Well call me later." She flashed me a fake smile. "Hey, I love you." I smiled. "I love you too."

"Sometimes I need you, honestly.

I ain't talkin' 24/7.

Just when a nigga start itchin'.

And only when I wanna feel better.

I need you, honestly.

Sometimes I need you.

And I can't lie, honestly, I need you."

I took the headphones from around my ears and looked through the glass at my music directors. "How was that?" I licked my lips, anticipating their response. "Great, like always," One of my producers, Chris, bit on his lip. "but I feel like you could put in a little more." I nodded. "Like give me more emotion. You have a girlfriend, right? Ain't her name Courtney?" I smiled and he pointed to me. "You see that emotion you just felt when I brought her up? I need that emotion when you rap. Understand?" I nodded and slid my headphones back on.

"Yo Dig, you sounded amazing today." I smiled while grabbing my things. "Thank you." I stuck my phone in my pocket. "Hey, my man James is throwing this party at Club 100, and he asked if you would make an appearance. You don't have to perform or anything. He just wants you to show up. You know hang out for a while. You down?" I yawned before responding and his expression changed. "Y-Yeah man, I'll show." I tried to ignore how tired I was. "What time does it start?

"The club opens at nine and the party starts at ten." I ruffled through my suitcase trying to find something to wear while on facetime with Courtney again. "How long are you staying?" I pulled out a red shirt and showed it to her. "Not long. I'm tired." She nodded. "Cute shirt." I smiled. "Thanks." I continued digging through my suitcase. "Do you have any studying you need to be doing?" She rolled her eyes. "Eh.." I chuckled. "Baby, you need to do your work." She sighed and flopped backwards. "Ugh..." I laughed. "Go on baby. Call me tomorrow, okay?" She frowned. "Nooooooo pleaseeeeee." I took my shirt off. "Oh, now I'm definitely not hanging up." She giggled and flexed my abs. "Lord Jesus, you're sexy as shit." I laughed at her compliment. "So are you, now get to work. I'll call you when I get home, okay?" She rolled her eyes. "Okaaaaaaay." I blew her a kiss. "I love you." She smiled. "I love you too."

"Baby, I ain't nothing like your old dude.

Everybody got a past but that's old news.

I'm the only one that know the shit you go through.

I just want you to be treated how you s'posed to.

Your ex nigga was a clown, came straight out of the circus.

But I can make you feel good, I can make you nervous.

You fine with your natural hair, you ain't gotta permit it.

I be over your crib so much I got a parking permit.

So baby how you think you running game?

I'm the same nigga that runs the game.

You know I got more pull than what's his name.

I make P. Water pull up on him, go and run his chain.

You know it's like that.

You text a nigga I hit right back.

'Cause we a book and it's only the first chapter.

I'm tryna cuff you before I spell cuff backwards."

The fans always went crazy after I spit the last verse. They never thought sweet little Diggy could ever advance in the sexual world. But they were wrong. I headed to the back of the club when two beautiful women approached me. "Hey, weren't you just on stage?" The one with long brown hair and a tight dress asked me. "Yeah, my name's Diggy." I smiled and reached out my hand to shake hers. "Ashley," She shook my hand. "And this is my friend, Rose." Rose waved at me. "Nice to meet you. I'm her taken friend, Rose." Ashley started to blush. "Oh my god, you just made me look so thirsty!" She slapped Rose's arm. "Don't mind her. I just wanted to talk to you. As a friend of course," She giggled and I gave an awkward but friendly smile. "Because I know a fine man like yourself isn't single." I chuckled nervously. "You're right, I'm not single. I have a beautiful girlfriend." Her eyes lit up. "Oh my god! Is she here?" I shook my head. "No, she's back on campus in New York." She took a step closer to me. "So she's not here, correct?" She started to feel on my shirt a little while biting her lip. "That means you can do whatever you want."

"Russ, that shit really pissed me off." I paced around my hotel room as I ranted to my brother about what happened at the club. "Hoes will be hoes, man." He laughed a little. "I understand that but I told her I had a girlfriend and she was all touching on me and shit. Saying shit like 'You can do whatever you want.'" I plopped down on my bed and sighed. "I mean, technically you can do whatever you want, man." I looked at him through my phone. "Yeah, but I would never do anything like cheating on Courtney. That's my heart." Russ nodded. "I'm glad you said that man." I laid back. "What you mean?" Russ sighed. "A lot of celebrities have issues staying loyal, y'know? You hear it all the time about some famous person cheating or sleeping around. So I'm glad that you, being an upcoming celebrity and all, said that you'd always be loyal to her." "I don't have another choice, Russ. That girl owns my heart."

"Okay, so studio session from nine to four, dinner at seven and I'm free for the night?" I looked at Chris as he handed me my schedule for tomorrow. "Yep, and I'll see you bright and early for your work out. Seven sound nice?" I nodded. "Yes sir," He smiled and walked out of the door. "Goodnight. See you in the morning." I put my hand on the door and waved him goodnight then turned around and picked up my phone. "Sorry about that baby," Courtney yawned and laid on her teddy bear I got her. "If you're tired baby, you can-" "No," I chuckled. "Baby, its one-thirty over there." She shook her head. "Don't care. I miss you and I want to talk to you." I smiled at her. "Whatever you want, Princess." She smiled and sat up. "So, how was the party?" I frowned a little after she asked. "What happened? Did the performance go bad or something?" I shook my head. "No, I think the performance went well. I mean, the music was drowning me out a little, but I thought it went alright." She nodded. "Rap a little louder next time." She giggled and I smiled at her cuteness. "It was just..." I debated about telling Courtney about the girls flirting with me. I didn't want to keep anything from her but I also didn't want to see her upset. I was torn. "Um..." She looked at me and furrowed her brow. "It was some girls, wasn't it?" I could see her getting upset but I stayed quiet. "You can tell me, Daniel, I'm not upset." I sighed and looked down. "Her name was Ashley. She wasn't flirting that heavy but it was still there. It bothered me because I specifically told her that I had a girlfriend and she didn't care. Talking about since you aren't here I can do whatever I want." Courtney stared blankly at me. "She's right, yknow?" I looked at her with confusion. "What?" "She's right, you can do whatever you want." She licked her lips. "I'm not with you. I don't know what goes on every second. You could be cheating on me and I'd never even know. She's absolutely right about that. But you know what, baby?" She smiled at me a little. "What, Princess?" A hint of red filled her cheeks. "I know that you love and care for me enough that you wouldn't do those things to me. Yes, you have the freedom to do whatever the hell you want to do, but I fully trust that you will do what's right not only for you, but for us. Because baby, we're a team. And there's no 'I' in team." I smiled at her. "You're the best part of our team, baby." She giggled. "Damn right, I am."