Chapter Five; Diggy

“Girl, I ain’t trying to go there with you.

But you full of drama – motion picture.

And I ain’t really getting’ why you insecure.

You’re trippin’ over this like I lied before.

I never lied before. Always that paranoia.

Look at all I gave ya – didn’t I spoil ya?

If I got it, you got it, didn’t I support ya?

You blind, you can’t see I did it all for ya, adore ya?

So now you’re fancy huh…? Ha!

But don’t forget it made you fancy, ma. Ha!

But for you look what all I’ve done.

Now I’m throwing up the deuces minus a finger one.

Dig?”

I took off my beats to see Ricky staring at me. “Sup man? Those were some pretty hard versus. You alright?” I sighed. “Just some minor problems with Courtney and I. She’s tutoring this dude and I’m not that comfortable with it… No scratch that. I’m not comfortable with that at all. After what happened the other night, I don’t want him around me nor Courtney.” Ricky sat on his bed. “Well… You can’t expect anything to get better if you don’t go and talk to her.” I covered my face with my hands and leaned on my legs. “Dawg, I’m leaving in a week and a half… We’re supposed to be sharing unforgettable moments together before I depart… But instead, we’re letting people get between us.” Ricky put his hands together. “They can only do that if you give them the power to. If you don’t want that to happen… Don’t give them the power. It’s as simple as that.” He’s right. I grinned at him. “Thanks Ricky. I’m about to go talk to her now.”

“Babe, it’s me. I brought some B-Dubs. I know that’s your favorite. I was hoping we could talk about what happened the other day. Can I come in?” I knocked on the door lightly. “I’m coming,” I heard her footsteps come towards the door. “Shut up, KP. Shut up.” She laughed. Oh hell no. KP’s here. I clenched my jaw and took a deep breath. Courtney opened the door with a smile but it faded quickly when she saw my face. She opened her mouth to say something but I shook my head. I licked my lips and turned around; prepared to turn around before I beat the hell out this boy. “Diggy, wait!” I snapped around and dropped the food on the floor. “What the hell is he doing here, Alexa?” I got in her face. “Diggy calm down. He was just showing me how he did on yesterday’s quiz.” Her facial expression was a mixture of guilt and fear. What’s she got to be guilty for? “Yeah man, I was only-“ “I don’t give a damn what you were doing! I don’t want yo’ ass anywhere near my girlfriend!” I screamed loudly. “Diggy!” Courtney pulled at my arm as I made my way to KP. Her trying to hold me back was only going to make it worse. “Alexa, let me go.” My voice was low but firm. She held onto me tighter. “No,” I closed my eyes and tried to breathe. “Alexa…” I grabbed her arm. “I said let me go.” I looked her in her eyes. “No,” I held her arm tightly and pulled her arm off of mine. I stormed over to KP in a rush. “You aren’t fooling me, Pretty Boy. You may be failing all your classes, but that isn’t the only reason why you asked Courtney for tutoring. Talking to me on the phone like that… You obviously don’t know who I am. I am Daniel Dwayne Simmons… And I do not approve of this little tutoring thing anymore. It will not be going on anymore. Understand?” He chuckled. “And if I don’t?” I gave a frustrated laugh. He pushed past me and stood in front of Courtney. “I’ll see you tomorrow in class, Courtney.” He was shaking his head laughing as he made his way down the hall.