Chapter Two; Courtney

“See ya later, Elise.” I turned over in my bed as my roommate, Elise, walked out the door. “You aren’t going to class this morning?” She turned around and pushed back her hair. I yawned and sat up, lazily. “I only have afternoon classes today.” She nodded. “Alright, well I’ll see you later.” I waved her goodbye as I laid back down. I pulled the blanket over my head and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and prepared to rest some more when my phone started to vibrate. I rolled my eyes and glanced at the screen. I had a text message. The screen read;

“Good morning, Darling. I hope you have a wonderful day. I love you so much. You’re beautiful.”-Daniel.

I smiled as I read the text message. I rolled over on my back and decided that I’d give him a call. He answered on the third ring. “Good morning, cupcake.” His voice was up-lifting. “Morning,” I yawned and pushed back my hair. “I would come visit you, but I need to make class on time to turn in this paper. Which I want to thank you for helping me, once again.” I smiled. “Don’t worry about it.” I sat up and stretched again. “We’re still on for lunch, right?” I smiled. “Of course.” He blew out a breath. “Alright beauty, well I’m just entering class. I’ll see you later, alright? I love you.” “I love you too,”

“Oh my goodness… I’m such a cluts. Let me help you with that.” I kneeled down to get my books after running into this girl. “It’s fine…” I shuffled my books in my arms. “Are you in this class?” She pushed her hair behind her ear and nodded slowly. “Are you?” I opened the door into the classroom. “The name’s Shairie,” I smiled. “Courtney,” She walked in and I closed the door behind us. I walked to the back of the class and sat in an empty seat; Shairie sat next to me. “What are you majoring in?” I asked as she shuffled her things around. “Journalism… Even though my boyfriend seems to think I’m wasting my time… Anyways, what about you?” I chuckled a bit. “Literature… What’s your boyfriend’s name?” I light blush filled her cheeks. “Roger,” My eyes widened. “Roger’s your boyfriend!?” I gave her a huge smile and she laughed. “Yeah… You know him?” I nodded, excitedly. “You know his friend, Diggy?” Shairie smiled. “Yeah!” I pointed to myself. “I’m his girl,” Her jaw dropped. “You’re that Courtney?” I gave her a confused look. “Whatchu mean?” She giggled. “A while back, Diggy, Roger and I went out to dinner and all he talked about was how he was hoping to get with you. I guess it worked…” I blushed. “Yeah, a year and a half…” She clamped her hands together. “That’s amazing… Dig is gonna flip when I tell him I met you.” She nodded. “So will Ro,” We laughed for a minute. “We all should hang out this weekend. It would be fun.” She pulled out her phone. “You down?” I nodded. We exchanged numbers as class finally began. “This’ll be interesting…”

“Omg Diggy! You won’t believe who I met today in my creative writing class!” Diggy laughed at me as he sat down in front of me. “Who’d you meet, baby?” I smiled while grabbing my apple juice. “Shairie,” He gave me a strange look. “Shairie…? I nodded. “Roger’s girlfriend,” His eyes widened. “I didn’t know she went here! Awe! That’s sweet. She’s a nice girl. When I met her she reminded me so much of you…” I blushed a little. “Yeah… She told me how you wouldn’t stop talking about me.” I playfully rolled my eyes. “I know I’m sexy, but damn. Why you so obsessed with me?” Diggy laughed and started dancing around.

Why you so obsessed with me?

Boy I wanna know…”

Diggy laughed as I sang Mariah Carey’s Obsessed. “That was the song back in the day.” He shook his head and pushed his tray to the side. He reached for my hands and I placed mine in his. “So what else did you and Shairie talk about?” I blew out a breath. “Nothing much… We were just saying that all four of us need to hang out soon.” He nodded. “How about Friday? The kick-off game is on Friday. We could all go to that and later you and I could do something…” He winked at me. “Like what, Dig?” He licked his lips. “You’ll see, babe…” I rolled my eyes. “C’mon now, Dig! You know I hate surprises! Can you just give me a hint?” He laughed. “Haha, nope.” He stood up and walked over to my side of the table. “I’ll call you later, beautiful.” He kissed my lips. “Alright,”