Chapter 1

Skye's POV:

I wake up to the piercing sound of my alarm.

It is my first day at my new high school. However, it is no ordinary school. It is a high school for teenagers who want to become agents for the most powerful, secretive, and helpful organization in the world. The Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. Otherwise known as Shield.

A while ago, I would've had no interest in going to a spy school. However, about a year ago I was adopted by a very nice couple. Phil Coulson and Melinda May. But I obviously call them mom and dad. Anyway, when they adopted me, they wanted me to become an Agent of Shield, just like them. I agreed, happy to have a home.

Needless to say I was very surprised when the decided to adopt me. I have been in and out of orphanages my entire life. I could never seem to keep a family. By the time I was 16, I had lost all hope in finding a permanent family. You see, people want babies and little kids. Not teenagers. Then one day, Phil and Melinda came in. When they were waiting for someone to help them, I started to talk to them. Then one thing led to another, and by some miracle, they chose me.

I love them very much.

My mom comes bursting into my room.

"Time for school!!!" She shouts, excitedly.

"I think you're more excited then I am." I say with a laugh.

"Oh come on, Skye! It's going to be fun!" She yells, yanking my blankets off of me.

The cold air makes the small hairs on my legs rise.

"Mmmmoooooommmmm!" I groan.

"Ssssssskkkkkkyyyyyyeeeeee!" She groans, mockingly.

"Alright," I say in defeat. "I'll get up."

I stand up and walk into the bathroom. I need a shower.

(30 minutes later)

My brown, wavy hair now lays on my shoulders. I just finished drying it.

I am now fully awake. When I was in the shower, my mom put the washing machine on, so the water got really cold.

I walk out of the bathroom to my closet.

I lay out a couple of outfits. I decide to to go with black skinny jeans, a purple t-shirt, a black leather jacket, and black ankle-high lace-up boots.

I put all of that on, and walk back into the bathroom.

There, I brush my teeth, comb my hair, and apply some make-up.

I am not the kind of girl who wears a lot of make-up. But, I do like to put on mascara and lip gloss.

I am now completely ready.

I look in the mirror one last time before going into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Darling!" My dad exclaims.

He is in a good mood, too.

"Good morning, dad!" I say.

I sit down at the table, and my dad places a large assortment of waffles, bacon, and eggs in front of me.

"Wow, dad. This is a lot of food." I say.

"Well, it's your first day of school! You need energy! Besides, you and your mom don't have to leave for about 25 minutes." He explains.

I laugh and start eating.

(25 minutes later)

"Bye, Honey!" My mom says to my dad.

They kiss and I gag.

"Bye dad!" I say while walking out of the front door.

"Bye, Sweetie! Have fun at school!" He exclaims.

I smile at him, and get into my mom's car.

For whatever reason, they don't want me to drive myself, but they also don't want me to take the bus.

My mom gets in the car, pulls out of the drive way, and starts driving.

"So, are you excited or nervous?" She asks.

"A little bit of both." I reply, truthfully.

"Yeah. I was the same way when I first got to the academy." She explains.

"Well, that's good." I say.

To be honest, I am mostly nervous. Both of my parents say that making friends really helps you at the academy. But, I am not very good at making friends. I never have been.

After about 10 minutes of driving, we pull up to the academy.

It looks big, fancy, and official.

If my parents weren't agents, it would be VERY expensive for me to go here. Thankfully, because my parents are agents, I get to go here for free.

I say good bye to my mom and walk up to the large doors with an eagle on them.

I take a deep breath and enter the building.

---------------------------------------------

Hello people!

I hope you like the first chapter! Ward will be in the next one!

Comment what you think! 😄