Chapter 15

Skye's POV:

Ward smiles down at me and grabs my hand. His hands are very large, kind of calloused, but extremely warm. I'm not sure why, but every time he touched me, I feel sparks on my skin, and butterflies in my stomach.

He leads me over to the bar, where some students are drunk, and others are already passed out.

Classy.

"What would you like to drink?" Ward asks me.

Alright, I'm at a party, I just started school, and I can't handle alcohol very well. What should I get?

"I'll just get a water, I think," I reply, bashfully.

"Feeling adventurous today, are we?" Ward says, with a smirk.

I roll my eyes, and slap his shoulder, lightly.

Oh my goodness, those are the biggest biceps I have ever felt. I think I just hit a freaking boulder.

"Well, thank you!" Ward says, with a laugh.

I look up at him wide-eyed, and say, "Did I just say that out loud?"

"Yep," Ward replies, a smirk taking over his features, once again.

Crap.

I look down at my lap in an attempt to hide the enormous blush that I feel rising from my cheeks. That, however, only causes Ward to laugh harder, and as a result, my blush gets even bigger.

Why do I always embarrass myself in front of people?!

"Hey, don't worry about it. That was probably the cutest thing I have ever seen," Ward says, with a small blush covering his cheeks.

(3 hours later)

Ward and I have been talking for hours now, and we have learned so much about each other. I really enjoy spending time with him. He is interesting, funny, and always seems so sweet and kind. I can't believe he doesn't have a girlfriend.

"So, three years after my brothe...." Ward's story is interrupted by Hunter, who stumbles over to us, and throws an arm around Ward's shoulder.

"Ohohhhhohhho! W- *hic* WaRD is tAlkiiiin to the PREtty girl *hic*," Hunter says, breaking into a giggle.

Obviously, he is completely wasted.

Hunter's gaze suddenly moves off of Ward and I, and onto Bobbi, across the room.

"HEY, BOOOOBBI! WA- *hic* WANNA KISSSSSSS ME?!?!" Hunter yells to her.

Bobbi simply rolls here eyes and continues her conversation with Simmons.

"Hey, Skye, I'm sorry, but I should probably bring him home," Ward says, in a sad tone.

"Yeah, that's alright. I think he's about to pass out, anyway," I say, chuckling.

"Probably. But, I had a really great time talking with you. I hope we can do it again, sometime," Ward says, with a warm smile.

"Yeah, I'd like that," I say, trying not to blush again.

Ward grabs Hunter's forearm, and slips me a little piece of paper, before saying, "See you on Monday," and walking away with Hunter.

I smile at both of them, and look down at the piece of paper. It's his phone number. Ward gave me his phone number. I find a grin taking over my face.

I feel somebody tap on my shoulder, and turn around to find Bobbi and Simmons sending me worried looks.

"Hey, guys!" I greet, as they sit down at bar stools next to me.

"Hey, Skye!" They both say in sync.

"So........is that Ward's phone number?" Simmons asks, peaking at the small piece of paper in my hand.

I look at both of them, and reply, "Yeah.....Why?"

Bobbi and Simmons exchange nervous glances.

"Listen, Skye," Bobbi says, "We've been watching you two,  and we feel like we should warn you about Ward."

Warn me? What's so bad about Ward?

"Warn me about what?" I ask, nervously.

"Skye.........Ward is the bad boy and player at school. He has had about five 'girlfriends' in the last month. He only dates the girls for 'you know what' and then as soon as it gets boring for him, he breaks up with that girl and moves onto the next," Jemma says, with tinge of disgust in her voice.

"Really? He doesn't seem like that kind of guy. He seemed so nice when I talked to him," I say with disbelief.

"Yeah, that's what he does. He's extremely manipulative," Bobbi says.

I look down at my lap, in thought.

I guess I shouldn't be friends with him.

"Alright, I think I'll keep my distance," I say, with more confidence.

A look of relief washes over both of their faces.

"Good. Anyways, we're going to have a slumber party tonight, and then go shopping in the morning. Would you like to join us?" Jemma asks, with hopeful eyes.

I smile at them.

"Of course!" I yell.

We all get up and head out of Mac's giant house. On the way out, I grab my phone out of my purse to text my parents to tell them that I'm staying with a friend. While putting it back, I slip Ward's number into my purse, also.

Just in case.

------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I finally updated! Thank you guys for being so patient!

I hope you like it, and tell me what you think!  😄