Chapter 10

Ward's POV:

School is over, and I am finally home.

Although I am glad to be home, I still had one of the best days ever!

And it was all because of Skye.

For the first time in my entire life, I don't want to date a girl for two weeks and then dump her because I found someone better. I actually want to me in a long-term, commuted relationship with Skye.

This is VERY unlike me.

Suddenly, my brother, Christian, comes bursting into my room.
---------------------------------------------

(Author's Note: In this story, Ward and Christian are actually good friends and good brothers to each other.)

---------------------------------------------
"Hey, baby brother!" Christian shouts.

He runs and jumps on top of me.

"Christian...... You are such a child." I say with a laugh.

He laughs and rolls off of me.

"So...... Do you have a girlfriend yet?" He asks.

I rub the back if my neck, awkwardly.

"Well...... There is this one girl. She is sort of my friend, but unfortunately, we are not an item." I say, quietly.

"What do you mean by 'unfortunately'?" He asks.

"I-I really like her." I explain.

"How do you know that this isn't just the feeling you gat for the girls you dump right away!" He asks with a serious face.

"W-w-well....... E-every time I am around her, I get this weird bubbly feeling in my stomach. And watching her smile makes me smile. And her laugh........ I could listen to her laugh for hours on en-" I explain before Christian cuts me off.

"Oh. My. Gosh!" He says like a teenage girl. "Ward, you do not like this girl...... You are in LOVE with this girl!"

"R-really? I love her?" I ask, puzzled.

"No, Ward...... You are IN love with this girl." He gushes.

"What's the difference?" I ask with a confused look on my face.

He sits up and looks me in the eyes.

"Okay, Ward, you NEED to listen to this, because this is important." He says, seriously.

I nod.

"When you love someone, it can be taken multiple ways. You can love a friend. You can love a pet. You can love a relative. However, when you are IN love with someone, that means that, at this moment, you would be completely fine with sharing the rest of your life with that person. Now, don't get me wrong, the person you are in love with can change. But, it can also stay the same." He explains with a level of seriousness that I have never seen in him before.

He keeps his eyes locked on mine. This must be important to him.

"So, do you love this girl, or are you IN love with this girl?" He asks.

"Well...... I-I'm not su-" I try to say, before he, once again, cuts me off.

"No. Do not answer that now. Get to know this girl more. And then, once you know your answer for sure, come to me and tell me. But, only come to me if you are 100% sure." He says while getting up.

"Good luck, baby brother." He says, before walking out of my room.

---------------------------------------------

Hello people!

I am SO sorry that I haven't updated in like a week. I have been trying, but my phone has been acting REALLY weird, lately. I will try to get back to my regular updating schedule..... If my phone lets me. 😂

Comment what you think! 😄